See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2012

A nice resort with a good beach. Pool needs a renovation as it is looking old and not up to date. resort is peaceful. The restaurant for lunch and dinner was okay big menu to choose from and in the evening seafood market which was good but a bit price - compare to 5 star resort in Cebu. They must upgrade breakfast buffet as it is not suitable for foreigners

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012

When I read the reviews about this hotel my friends and I already booked. I was really worried that we might get the same treatment or experience. Luckily, we didn't. Ours is a pretty good deal. We booked thru their website. Our Package includes, Airport Transfers, Daily Breakfast(buffet), and a Tour. They also have other options. But we ran out of time. So we had to choose Package A. Or was is B. Anyways, our package was all worth it.

Back to our room, we got a Deluxe, because they are fully booked that time, still ok though. Quiet place, at night they have a band that performs for those guests who are eating. but mind you, Their food is a bit pricey for me. They have a dampa style of cooking, but they also serve cooked food. I mean those you can find in a regular restaurant menu. Plus they have free wifi in the restaurant,and there only. A bottle of water costs, 30. So if given a chance, but a lot of drinks outside. Even food, on our 2nd night after our tour, my friends and I just decided to buy Roasted chicken.

Our tour, we were lucky we had one of the best tour guide we ever met. He is one of the drivers of the resort ofcourse. He is a good driver, photographer and also has a good sense of humor. Our own private van and a cool driver, what else do we need?

Once of the nicest beach front I've ever seen, I will definitely come back to this resort. I also recommend to others. Staffs are good to us, always smiling and I guess that's all we needed to have fun in Bohol. :)

Room Tip: Deluxe room was great but I can also consider the standard one next time. Much cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were hesitant to book this resort due to the bad reviews we have been reading here and in other forums, however, due to the supposedly good location and the reasonably-priced packages they offer, we took the risk.

LOCATION: The risk was well worth it. We wanted a location that was peaceful and serene and this is just the place (compared to Alona beach where the parties are). Even though we arrived at the resort late in the afternoon and it was at a very low tide, the beach was still great (careful of sea urchins farther out into the sea, though) and the sand is fine.

SERVICE: For a middle-range resort, the services being offered by Dumaluan's staff are average. Their drivers were very courteous. When we were booking the accommodation, however, (through emails) there were some emails which were rude. Some correspondences, on the other hand, were also polite. We believe there were some staff who are not well-trained or had serious attitude problems.

PRICE: I believe they offer one of the most reasonable prices in Panglao.

FOOD: Breakfast was so-so. We had our dinners at Dumaluan 1 (some of the waitresses of which look like they really hate their job) because the food there was delicious and way cheaper than those in Dumaluan 2.

ROOM: We booked a Deluxe Room. It was clean, smelled nice and was ideally located (near the pool and the beach, ground floor). The television was new, but some channels were not clear (maybe the fault of the cable provider?). No telephone in room

OVERALL: Dumaluan is worth the price. It may have some bad reviews, but some good stuff about it like the location, some courteous employees and the clean room make up for it. Oh, by the way, they picked us up on time at the Tagbilaran port and drove us to the port on our departure date (5:30 AM). The van was new. =)

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room. =) The prices are not that expensive. Also, request for a room near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We pre-booked the most expensive room thinking it would be the best. If it is, then the whole place is a nightmare.

The room was musty when we arrived. There were ants everywhere, and stains on the bed sheets. The staff swept the floor three times within the first five minutes but ants kept appearing out of nowhere. After calling the attention of the staff several times, we decided to ask for the manager. They said only the HR manager was around. Then later, the receptionist arrived claiming HR has left and the manager is in Cebu. Calling on Rachel Dumaluan, manager. Please check on your staff especially housekeeping.

Room Tip: Do NOT check in! We got the most expensive room and it was full of ants, the bed sheet is stained. Do a day trip instead. The beach was beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lakwatsera38
Reviewed June 7, 2012

we stayed for 2 nights.... Staffs upon our arrival were a little friendly, needs more training. Our room was beside the pool and a few steps to the white beach. Cr was smelly i think coming from the drainage, plenty of mosquitoes inside which was annoying. Tired of going to the information area to request for change of towels, tissue etc coz they dont have a phone . Management must do something about this. Breakfast(free) was somewhat good... food in their restaurant was yummy but a little pricy ...What was exciting was the nice white beach which was just near our room. Country side tour on our second day was very thrilling ... my son really enjoyed it!..... By the way they allowed us to check in early....thank you!

Room Tip: always close the door of your room or else mosquitoes will invade your room. Dont forget to bring mosquito repellent!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family