Oasis Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pyramid Beach Resort(Panglao Island)
  • Pool
Hayahay Resort(Bohol Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Alona Golden Palm Resort(Panglao Island)
Paragayo Resort(Panglao Island)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsdive shoptrue oasisbeach frontalona beachbusy beachfrog fishair conswimming poolnon diversperfect foodtouristic areadiving centersuperior deluxe roomdive schoolnatural materialsdive boatmy bf
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I are planning a 5-day visit to Bohol and Panglao islands in February and are looking for a moderately priced beach-front hotel with a pool that is walking distance to restaurants and stores. After hours of research on the internet, including contacting previous guests, we thought we had found it with the Oasis Resort at Alona Beach. We e-mailed the resort and found that rooms were available at the posted price. Imagine our surprise, however, when we were told that they would not process our reservation unless we also purchased a 6-dive dive package! We informed the resort that, while we are interested in diving, we are also planning a couple of days sightseeing and a snorkeling trip to check out whether it is worth going diving at all, but to no avail. We returned to their internet site, sure that we must have missed where they stated that this is a package dive resort, not a beach hotel with a dive centre. But no, the site simply states that the Oasis Resort is “for a relaxing, comfortable friendly holiday in a green environment” where the dive centre simply “facilitates diving.” To say we are disappointed is an understatement.

If you too are looking for a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel on Alona Beach, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with the Oasis Resort unless you are willing to buy a multiple dive package. They quite simply will not rent you a room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ndser
SeaQuestDiveCenter, Public Relations Manager at Oasis Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Management is sorry to hear reviewer feels as such. Please let us clarify. To keep the atmosphere that made us who and what we are today we do prefer to have divers at the resort. Especially in the divers high season. Most of the guest of Oasis resort are diving with SeaQuest Dive Center and that creates a certain atmosphere within the resort premises. Guest easily mingle with each other. They sit at the bar, restaurant or pool sharing their diving experience and swapping pictures of underwater life. This is what our guest expect from us and that is what we try to contain.

So yes, we do prioritize divers, especially in the high season. For the simple fact that we originated as a divers resort. But don’t hesitate to inquire, we might have some rooms available and a booking as a non diver can be made. It depends on the availability at the time of inquiry.

The management would like to add that action has been taken to updated the homepages of our websites. And has instructed reservations department to express our about our policy as soon as possible when there is a inquiry by a non-diver .

Once again Oasis Resort management apologizes to the reviewer but we do hope for some understanding about our business standpoint. Thank you!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights on Panglau Island and enjoyed the entire experience. The hotel is situation in the middle of Alona Beach and the dive shop is right on the edge of the sand. The best part of Oasis Resort is the friendly, helpful and incredibly welcoming staff. A typhoon stranded us in Cebu for a day and we received period updates from the Oasis staff on the weather conditions and the ferry schedules, which was above and beyond expectations. The resort itself is very comfortable, has a pool right in the center of the property, and has a restaurant and bar with great food and even better drinks. The staff were also extremely helpful in recommending and booking things for us to do in the area, including a long night out at the club scene.

The best part of our stay was a diving trip to Balicasag Island, which we booked through the resort's dive center. The staff are helpful and spoke English well, and the trip was amazing. One caveat: you have to bring your own lunch so come prepared.

The only downside was the lack of internet, which is only (scarcely) available at the bar/restaurant area. Not having internet actually turned out to be a blessing at such a relaxing island, but it's something they can improve.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lucas M
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at Oasis for three weeks and it beat my expectations. Great central location on Alona beach with good facilities, for example they have their own fresh water swimming pool, great for teaching and a nice refreshing swim. Staff were tremendous, went out of their way to make me comfortable (special kudos to the resort manager Marcus for that). Dive shop and resort fully integrated, order a sandwich at the resort and it will be on your dive boat the morning after. Instructors and dive guides were great and the diving was beautiful. One minor niggle, but the wifi seemed to be very slow most of the time, but then again when you are next to beautiful blue waters and golden beaches, you shouldn't be on the Internet all the time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank USAScouser
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We loved everything about our stay at the Oasis, and the staff were the best. The weather was bad when were there, and the staff kept calling us to keep us updated about whether or not the ferries would be running. The property is beautiful with a nice pool, food was good (chicken adobo was phenomenal), and drinks were stiff.

Highlight of the trip was diving Balicasag with the dive shop affiliated with the Oasis. They run a nice operation with good (not great) gear and the DMs speak English well enough to give a good safety and sights overview.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed 6 nights on Alona beach before moving into this hotel so I do have something to compare against. The 4 nights we stayed at the Oasis hotel were fine except for a few things. Number one it's way over priced and exactly double per night what we spent at the other hotel that was right on the beach. Number 2 no T.V in the room, and I mentioned this and was told that it states there is no T.V on their website......well I'm looking at their website now and there is no mention at all of T.V's. Lastly we had returned from a long day at sea and we were hungry so we had dinner at the Oasis restaurant, I ordered soup an appetizer and a main course and my wife ordered soup and main course, but we didn't order drinks as we were parched and just wanted water. I was given the water and I asked for a refill only to be told that they were only allowed to give me one glass. I have never been to any restaurant anywhere in the world where I couldn't get a refill of water. I understand they want to encourage customers to purchase juices or alcohol but come on it's not like I sat down asked for water then decided not to order. The food by the way was great and I do recommend eating here, in fact our last 2 days all our meals were eaten here. The rooms were nice and a good size and the resort itself is very quiet and a good escape from all the hawkers along the beach, but all things considered, price, location, service, no T.V no Wifi in room I would have to say they don't deserve the award given by trip advisor and and that's half the reason I booked here.

Room Tip: Stay at the Isis bungalows 5 meters from the water with T.V and wifi for half the price.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple