“the place is great but the service is even better!! awesome staff!!”
Review of Oasis Resort

Oasis Resort
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Panglao Island
Reviewed June 13, 2012

stayed for 3D/2N and the staff made it very pleasant and memorable. they were all very friendly and courteous. the service is just marvelous!
on a whim, we decided to surprise my niece with a birthday dinner since she was turning sixteen the next day. her mom (my sister) made reservations for dinner at the restaurant the morning of and asked if we can order a small cake to make it more special for the kid. understandably, the kitchen doesnt serve/make birthday cakes and there was no place on the island that does. but to our delight, the management went the extra mile and offered to order it for us from a store in tagbilaran city. my sister and i were so happy.
the staff was very supportive and attentive to our needs. it was kinda challenging trying to pull off a last minute surprise party on an island with no party supplies store anywhere but the staff filled the gap. it was a blast. my niece was indeed pleasantly surprised.
and what blew me off was that after our celeb and as we were settling the bill, the management offered to foot the bill for the "imported" birthday cake. i would have paid 3x for the price of the cake, just to show my appreciation for their efforts. but they insisted.
truly a sincere, worldclass customer service.
will definitely stay here again and will talk about it to friends/family too!
kudos to the staff of oasis resort! you rock!!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank ati25_ph
There are newer reviews for Oasis Resort

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I love this hotel. There's only a few people in the hotel which would guarantee serenity and privacy.

Pros- lovely pool, nature-y feel of rooms, buffet breakfast was passable, friendly and accommodating staff, privacy at its best. Quiet ambience

Cons- Rooms have NO Television at ALL!, beachfront lots of grass/seaweed on the seafloor, so many vendors outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: near the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khrise
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at this resort from June 1 - 3, 2012. Based from Tripadvisor reviews, this resort is good so we booked and reserved a room here (Fan Deluxe inclusive of breakfast). True, this resort is a bit more expensive than other Alona beach resorts but we figured out exactly why.

Upon arrival (they also arranged a pick up car from airport to the resort and vice versa worth 1,300), we were given with 2 glasses of pineapple juice while checking the booking details. Eventually, we were led to our room which has a very good view of the swimming pool. The room is just perfect. It has 2 beds (1 bigger than the other), spacious bathroom and a mini ref with pre-filled drinks.

Since we were excited to roam around, we toured the beach and also had lunch - we did not eat at the resort restaurant due to price concerns. Instead, we ate at a restaurant which is just 2 blocks away from Oasis. The foods were great - I had a Marlin Fillet while my officemate had Pork Belly.

We went back to the resort to rest and swam early evening. The pool is small but we were pretty satisfied with it. We then had dinner at Pyramid, also near Oasis - I am telling you that for the budget conscious, you should eat here. The first time we ate here, we only paid 510 for 2 chicken barbecues, 1 hotdog, 3 cups of rice, 1 coke in bottle and 1 mixed fruit shake. So full, we went back to our room to rest.

The next morning, before going to our day tour, we had breakfast - buffet style at Oasis. This was part of the room price so we didnt have to pay extra. They served great breakfast. There were options and by the time we finished, we were so full.

This resort is just heaven. A bit pricey - yes but you'll get what you pay for. And oh, we were the only Filipino guests during our visit, all the others were either Americans, Germans or Koreans/Chinese.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mark Jason S
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had a great time last April 21-24, 2012. We stayed at Oasis Beach Resort in Panglao. We booked the place 2 months before our arrival through online booking. It was very convenient since they have a lot of options. The place is very relaxing despite of the busy night outside the beach front. You won't hear any of the noise outside from your cottage. The staff are pleasant & accommodating. Special thanks to Ms. Lily for going the extra mile of buying the flowers that my partner gave me... =). Their buffet breakfast is very good since it has a lot of choices. The room was personalized and was very homey. The pool is not so big but its very relaxing because of the warm water. Its very suitable if you just want to relax after enjoying the beach. Their resort is very near the beach front. It would only take you 2-3 mins of walk. I would definitely consider staying here when we go back to bohol.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I had chosen this small hotel of 22 bedrooms for its location on Alona Beach and its dive center.

Panglao is a touristic area,  there are a  bank and several money exchangers.  There is also a laundry (minimum 3 kilos).

I booked a bungalow garden (deluxe air on room) with cool air conditioning, a fan, a safe, thick towels and soap dispenser.
The room is basic but very clean.At night, light sleepers could have some problems because you can hear the generator of another hotel but this is not continuous.  During, our 5 day's stay, the electricity has been cut off twice. Fortunately, the hotel has its own generator. After the black out we heard a light beeping sound during the whole night.

There is a swimming pool with 2 hammocks,16 sun beds and 3 tables with 4 chairs. You have also sun beds on the beach.

The WIFI area is around the reception and works very well.

I was surprised to have a buffet for my breakfast.  It consisted of orange or pineapple chiller,egg station, pancake, baked beans or tomatoes, rice, sausage, bacon, boiled eggs, yogurt, mixed fruit medley, jam, coco crunch, muesli and cornflakes.

We left the hotel early in the morning and we have received a sandwich the evening before.  They organize your transfer for example the price for the pier of Tagbilaran is 650 pesos.

I went to snorkel with the dive center to Balicasag and it was the most beautiful snorkeling of my trip to the Pihilippines.

This hotel exceeded my expectations and I would certainly come back for the dive center, the beauty of the common places and the kindness of the staff

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miss100000Volts
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We came here on a last minute trip and we would recommend the resort to anyone and would stay here again without hesitation.

Everyone addresses and remembers you by name. The breakfast buffet, which is included in the rate, is excellent and has lots of choices.The staff is impacable, everyone has a big smile on their faces and seems eager to assist you in anyhting you might need during your stay.

The only downfall is they have no flexibility in their cancellation policy. We tried to move dates or shorten our stay a week before and were told to pay 50% of the entire stay. To stay here might not be the best for the flexible traveller.

Overall a great experience, walking distance to the beach and all restaurants and bars, yet far enough to enjoy the quiet resort with lots of international travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catha_an
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at Oasis several times over the past few years most recently 35 nights from the beginning of October. We have now retired and live on Panglao Island. We continue to use the restaurant and I do all my diving with Sea Quest. I am about to embark on my Dive Master Certification with them having done all my diving from the Open Water Course to now. The facilities, professional and friendly staff make this resort our number one choice and that of our friends and family.

Room Tip: Bungalows are situated around the pool in the beautiful garden. The duplex units are closer to the b...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple