“Perfect!”

Cheltenham Regency Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Staverton
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Refurbished, modern good sized Rooms.
The Restaurant have very good food and a big bar.
The hotel is very good located for touring in the Cotswolds.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Eacy reach of the town center of Cheltenham vid local bus every 10th minute.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a one night stay in April 2013.

The first thing I would say about this hotel is, don't judge a book by it's cover. From the outside the hotel it doesn't look very appealing, the same can be said for reception area. However, once you step inside you quickly realise that the hotel is nicely finished.

I arrived to find plenty of parking and I was quickly greeted by reception and provided the keys to my room.

The room itself, a double, was clean and spacious with modern furnishings. The bathroom included a full tub.

Flat screen TV and Free WIFI was easy to use and good speeds. There is also a DVD player and fridge - not something you tend to find at many hotels.

The food in the restaurant was average and I would probably recommend eating outside of the hotel.

I would recommend a stay at this hotel, given it's good location and nice rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Last year four of us had Sunday lunch at The Regency and it was excellent. This year we wanted to take two friends out for a evening meal and decided to go to The Regency.
Menu was rather unusaul and not very extensive, but we found things we liked; one starter was descibed as a mackeral salad @ £6.50 it was a heap of lettuce with two small pieces of mackeral on top. Main courses were well presented and looked nice but portions were small and really no vegetables.The vegetarian dish was very small. We had to ask for bread this was not brought round, the serviettes were paper.
Some of the sweets were well presentd but one of our friends had just ice cream @£5.50 this consisted of three scoops of ice cream in a bowl and nothing else I asked for a wafer but was told they had none.
The service was good and the resturant looked pleasant and inviting; but for us the food was not to our liking and they would need to make some changes for us to go back again.

Room Tip: look at menu carefully before you book
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked a package as a treat for my partner by phone. When we arrived the receptionist was the lady I had booked with and she remembered me. She was very pleasant & helpful. Had an upgrade to a suit which was lovely. Spacious room & I wanted to take the bed back home as it was so comfy. Bathroom had bath & large shower. We ate in the restaurant that night. The choice is limited but covered a good range & what we had was quite acceptable. Breakfast had a good choice as well but the scrambled eggs I had were a bit strange – not fluffy. Not quite sure how they cooked them. I would stay there again and recommend it as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A bridge weekend with Mr Bridge. Hotel room large, clean and newly decorated. Food very good and good choice. Staff very helpful. Excellent bus service into Cheltenham. Entrance hall needs to be made more welcoming.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to book this hotel for a last minute break and managed to get quite a good deal.

First impressions were actually not that great as the reception area was untidy and needed a bit of a spruce up. However, we were given a warm welcome by the receptionist who was polite and helpful,providing us with suggestions and directions for restaurants in town.

Our room was a decent size and very tastefully decorated, as were the bar and restaurant. The bed was very comfortable and everywhere was spotlesssly clean.

Breakfast was ok - I would have liked a bit more choice, but the hot food was cooked well, and the service was excellent.

Really good value for money. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a bridge weekend. First thing I noticed (as in any hotel) was the receptionist. I found her very helpful, friendly and obliging - couldn't have created a better first impression.
The room very excellent as well. Nicely kitted out, comfortable bed, and I was even lucky enough to get a dual aspect corner room.
I stayed full board as well. The waiting staff were also excellent. Very polite, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile. From this perspective, one could not have wished for anything more.
The only reasons why I am not offering 5 stars are because there was some sort of fan making a noise down our end of the corridor over night. This was repeatedly on and off, and quite disturbing. The other issue was the fact that a musky smell was coming from the en suite bathroom. This was probably down to the ventillation system.
Since this was a bridge weekend, there are a couple of further points I should mention. Firstly, the meal timings did not work very well with the bridge sessions. The model is that one orders their choices from the mention in advance of the meal (I have no problem with this), then the choice of dish is brought to the table by waiting staff. An allowance of 90 minutes were in place for meals, but this was not long enough to get through the meal. I do not know whether the hotel or the bridge company are to blame for this.
One of the communal rooms in which we played was also too small for everyone, and claustrophobic.
Finally, the availability of coffee and refreshments during the day were very limited. I have attended bridge events by the same company in other hotels where coffee is available all day.

Room Tip: I liked 231 (and 230 is similar) - corner rooms on the upper floor with two windows.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham
Cotswold Grange Hotel
Cotswold Grange Hotel
#3 of 23 in Cheltenham

Been to Cheltenham Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!