The Beacon
$139
$124
$157
$124
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
$136
$113
$100
getaroom.com
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$159
$246
$224
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,365 results
All reviewsdundrum shopping centreking roomfour poster bedquirky hotelcrystal barmini barwould highly recommend this hotelexcellent hotelluas linestayed for one nightfollowing morningbar foodenjoyable stayleopardstownmirrorminibarbathrobes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I have stayed in the Beacon a few times, both on business and personal trips. I cannot fault any aspect of the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are immaculate and the food is second to none. If I ever have any requirements, the manager Raj is always on hand to help out and he has frequently gone above and beyond his normal duties for me. If you are looking for a hotel to stay in you must check out the Beacon, you will not be disappointed - 10/10 - well run, well managed, and value for money

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This really is a beautiful hotel. Very modern, very clean, very comfortable and brilliant staff. However, it is out of the way in an industrial estate. The reason we chose this hotel was a review that said it was great for concerts in Marlay Park. A review said it was in "walking distance" - THIS IS NOT TRUE! We were disappointed by this to begin with as we were trying to spend as little money as possible. We ended up getting taxis to the concert which ranged between 11euros-15euros. Be warned that you need a car to stay here or use taxis as it is out of the way slightly. But if you are just looking for a relaxing weekend in a hotel - perfect. Dundrum shopping centre is also about a 10minute drive where you could spend the day shopping, drinking and eating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel. The room was on the top floor with a cool modern decor, large windows and balcony with a view to both Dublin city centre and the Wicklow Mountains.
The hotel was situated a bit further away from the city centre than expected but was easily accessible via Luas tram line.
The hotel bar was also excellent so we didn't really miss being closer to the city at night time.
The staff was also very friendly and helpful.
Overall we had a wonderful stay/honeymoon at the Beacon Hotel and couldn't have wished for anything more.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Lovely looking hotel with great looking rooms. Service good, especially management staff. Only problem was no room service after 11pm, and situated in an industrial area with very very restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Having obtained tickets for an event in Dublin I searched for a last minute hotel deal (booking about lunchtime on the day of arrival) and found the Beacon available at a reasonable rate. I had never stayed here before but due to its proximity to the Luas I thought it would be ideal to get into the city.

6 hours after booking I arrive at the hotel and immediately run into a problem finding parking and have to park in a private space, risking clamping, because the limited spaces signposted for the hotel were occupied.
Upon arrival at reception I was abruptly told that they had no rooms available. Having a confirmed pre-paid reservation was worthless as I had only used one of their authorised booking agents rather than booking directly or so it was claimed.

No assistance was provided in arranging alternate accommodation (other than suggesting one or two hotels miles outside the city might be available). On the only other occasion in my extensive travels that a hotel has been overbooked they have arranged alternative accommodation and transport but in this case nothing. They seemed to just expect me to vacate the property immediately after being told there were no rooms available.

No excuse was forthcoming as to why I hadn't been contacted when they realised they were overbooked. They had 6 hours to contact me and save me a 2 hour drive to the hotel but didn't bother.

The music was so loud in reception that it was a struggle to hear what the receptionist was saying.

Ultimately I missed the show and had to drive home again as no other suitable hotels were available.

So to sum it all up that's 4 hours of driving, a completely ruined evening and a considerable expense all for nothing. Had the hotel informed me in advance of the situation and cancelled my booking and/or arranged alternative accommodation then I would have been happy with that. Instead they just didn't care.

To top it all off I had to pay €2.50 to exit their car park for the 15mins I spent there!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo