“Rough for handicapped!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mollyockett Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Mollyockett Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodstock
Arkansas
“Rough for handicapped!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

First of all, we stayed here due to a family gathering in the area and had little choice in where we would stay. This explains why I agreed to stay at a lodging that has no handicapped rooms. This place is really rough on access! It is an old motel that has had a series of updates done, but none of them were to make it accessible, unfortunately. There are big steps from parking lot to sidewalks everywhere! The owner did bring a chunk of wood cut into a sort of very short ramp to the area in front of our door to help me get in with my scooter. There was a sliding door with a pretty good lip on it that also made ingress and egress tough.

The room itself had the advantage of being very large so getting around was easy, but the bathroom was a joke for handicapped--except it is not a joke to be forced to stay in a place for two days where you cannot adequately shower. The toilet and tub/shower combo were in a separate, very small room. The tub was too small to have put a shower seat in it and there was no hand held sprayer. I sat on the edge of the tub and tried to bathe as best I could--I was literally in tears by the time I was through the first day. Figured out how to do a bit better second day. The sink area is too narrow to get the scooter in or any type of seat as well.

The room we had had a king bed and a queen--the king had a distinct sag toward the middle--queen size bed was much the better. IN the night, the ceiling leaked (probably from an air conditioner above) onto my husband's pillow. We ended up in the queen bed for the visit--but again, it was more comfortable. The pillows were really hard--there were several to choose from, but none seemed to work out.

Having said all of that, I do want to say that the owners and staff here are great--very nice, and helpful. They tried to fix anything we complained about.

Also, the restaurant here is really, really excellent. Breakfast is not included but the food in the restaurant is so worth the bargain prices they charge. Guests at the motel get free coffee and tea, so for less than $10 you can get a huge breakfast that includes eggs, meat, pancakes, home fries--the works. I had the special of eggs benedict our second morning and they were excellent. We also ate lunch there one day and I had one of the best fish sandwiches I had in Maine. So the Crosstone Restaurant is a real winner!

The Mollyocket has seen better days--it is really too bad, too, as I think there is a lot of potential there. The room we were in was easily big enough to give up space to make a handicapped accessible bathroom--that room was huge. Add a couple of ramps here and there and they could have had an ADA compliant facility. Upgrade the beds--the rooms had a certain country charm to them already and they were definitely clean!! The people here were so nice I wish I could give this a higher rating. But I just cannot.

Room Tip: If you want to swim and can climb up the steps, you want to be on the upper level near pool. The bac...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bkwrm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

The motel rooms are clean and beautiful. I stayed with my wife and 3 kids. Tim's knowledge of geography is astounding! Upon arrival Fran gave me a map of the locals rockhounding mines (all free to visit.) My children had a great time looking for gems and hidden treasures. The swimming pool and on-site restaurant are also amazing. Tim took the time to show my kids the stone fireplace the he built. The fireplace has rocks and minerals from 18 countries and 5 continents, as well as local and national minerals and rocks. When leaving, Tim noticed that my tire was going flat and took the time to fix my tire. Tim and Fran, as well as the rest of the staff at Molleyockett were great hosts. I look forward to staying there again in the future.

Dan Morgan,
Greenville, Pennsylvania

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manchester,Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a basic motel room with a family feel. We used it as inexpensive accommodations to go skiing at Sunday River. The people running the motel are friendly. There is a restaurant on site that is great for breakfast and dinner. The kids love the pool. If you are looking for upscale this is not the place for you. However, if an inexpensive place to sleep is what you want this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Boxford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The owners are friendly. The place is out of the 1950's with updates from the decades in between. It seems down-home Maine. The owners keep it up with their own efforts and make sure the restaurant provides well prepared food at inexpensive prices. The locals in the restaurant provide plenty of entertainment. It could use some updating, but the prices would then be higher. The bedding was inexpensive to begin with and worn out. If you need a mattress with support, you are going to be unhappy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Mollyocket is perfect. The Bucks and their staff do a fine job of keeping a nice traditional motel a warm and welcoming place. The pool is amazing and indoors. My grandson loves it. I like the restaurant and their attention to food allergies. The food is top notch, you just need a little patience for the chef to not rush your meals.

I read a critical review here and was astounded. Some people just are never satisfied. If you want your monies worth the Molly may exceed your hopes. They deliver a lot more than you expect !

This was tte second year that we have stayed at the Molly but it won't be our last.

Room Tip: If yu are going to use the pool or spa, ask for a room on the internal hallway that connects.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Schoolsuper
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I expected rustic, but not a room that looked like it been inhabited by frat boys. After seeing my carpet, I was scared to even look at the pool, so can't say whether it was worthy of the room price being charged here.
When I mentioned my consternation to a local person who knows the place well, I was told I should avoid rooms 1 through 8. Too late.
Specific objections: the carpet looked like it had been host to many frat parties. There were lots of towels and finally I put them over the stains [I do have photos, might add later] so I could walk to the bathroom. There is a bright light coming into the small room from outdoors which makes it difficult to sleep well. One of the beds was so poorly made up that I nearly tripped on the edges of the bedding at the foot -- it was not a bed that was slept in during my stay there, so I don't know why it was made up that way.
If you do get one of these rooms, make sure to arrive early and already rested so you can think about making camp there. Otherwise, check out the B&Bs in other towns in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Silver1535
Fran B, Owner at Mollyockett Motel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
My Husband and I own the Mollyockett Motel. If you have any questions abut the cleanliness of our motel please read the other reviews. Thanks!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at the Mollyockett Motel in May while traveling in Maine with my parents.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is definitely an older motel, which is obvious from the furnishings, which are quite dated. To me, this was outweighed by the great pool area (which I think had been recently renovated) and the on-site family restaurant. The owner of the inn - Tim Buck - was very friendly and enjoyable to talk to. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the area.

Room Tip: Not all of the rooms have direct (indoor) access to the pool, so ask for one on that side of the mot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IrishMeg89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
The Bethel Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Wilton
Norseman Inn
Norseman Inn
#10 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Mollyockett Motel? Share your experiences!