We recently returned from a stay at this hotel in a so-called superior room. Whilst the location is absolutely stunning the standard of cleanliness and decor in the hotel left a lot to be desired. Our room was generally quite dusty and the bed covers smelt of damp - not the standard you expect when you're paying £160 per night!
Given that the hotel prides itself on its culinary expertise you might expect that breakfast would be something to look forward to. Unfortunately it was pretty standard stuff and slightly overcooked.
It's such a shame as the hotel's location is fantastic, but the owners need to put some serious investment into this place to justify the prices charged.
It's no coincidence that most other establishments were fully booked whilst Glenfinnan House was at best half empty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, Glenfinnan House Hotel is a beautiful 18th century pine-panelled mansion house situated in its own grounds overloooking Loch Shiel, Ben Nevis and the Glenfinnan Monument.This award-winning establishment, renowned for its fine cuisine and hospitality, has something to offer everyone; from a quiet retreat or romatic break, a walking/cycling/sightseeing holiday,the celebration of an idyllic wedding or the simple enjoyment of a delicious meal.Four poster suite, four poster bedroom, family suites are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Glenfinnan House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenfinnan Hotel Fort William
- Glenfinnan House Hotel Scotland