Dinner, bed and breakfast were all great. Comfortable room, big bath with lots of hot water after a long day walking in the rain, the local Glenfinnan micro-brewery beer was excellent, good wine list and local crab and beef for dinner. The location is stunning - amazing view and close to the A830 but not so close you can hear it. It would also be a short walk down hill from the station if you were arriving by train. Very friendly service and good value for money. The hotel is atmospheric and retains its Victorian period charm rather than having been turned into a generic country house hotel. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, Glenfinnan House Hotel is a beautiful 18th century pine-panelled mansion house situated in its own grounds overloooking Loch Shiel, Ben Nevis and the Glenfinnan Monument.This award-winning establishment, renowned for its fine cuisine and hospitality, has something to offer everyone; from a quiet retreat or romatic break, a walking/cycling/sightseeing holiday,the celebration of an idyllic wedding or the simple enjoyment of a delicious meal.Four poster suite, four poster bedroom, family suites are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Glenfinnan House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenfinnan Hotel Fort William
- Glenfinnan House Hotel Scotland