my husband and i stayed here in the opening couple of days in the new season and it was wonderful to be back for the 4th year of visiting i think. the hotel is so relaxing with a beautiful view to the front and great log fires. we did very little bar a run in the car and walk along the white beaches by Arisaig. we sat at the fire, read a book and drank some lovely wine. the bedrooms were as comfortable as ever (we had the four poster) and you don't need tv etc as its so nice just sitting downstairs by the fire and relaxing or chatting. it was lovely to see the team at the hotel again and many congrats to the newly weds! hopefully we will manage another break before the end of the season.
if you are looking for a very relaxing break with fab fresh food, a great welcome then look no further. although we didn't go this time can also highly recommend the loch cruise - great fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, Glenfinnan House Hotel is a beautiful 18th century pine-panelled mansion house situated in its own grounds overloooking Loch Shiel, Ben Nevis and the Glenfinnan Monument.This award-winning establishment, renowned for its fine cuisine and hospitality, has something to offer everyone; from a quiet retreat or romatic break, a walking/cycling/sightseeing holiday,the celebration of an idyllic wedding or the simple enjoyment of a delicious meal.Four poster suite, four poster bedroom, family suites are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Glenfinnan House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenfinnan Hotel Fort William
- Glenfinnan House Hotel Scotland