“Great 50th Birthday spent with mom!”

The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Bourget B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My mother treated me to a 2 day spa get-a-way for my 50th birthday this past September. We were greeted warmly and shown to our room which was very welcoming and comfortable. Meals and service was superb. Our massages and pedicures surpassed an hour and we were pampered. Quiet, beautiful surroundings. Warm, pleasant and very hospitable staff. I would recommend The Bourget to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cari J
BourgetSpa, Guest Relations Manager at The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hi Cari J,

Thank you for choosing Bourget Inn and Spa and leaving your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and felt pampered. It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

great staff and the owner has a very positive and personalize approach to her business, the food was very good ,lot's of choice, the owner created a very serine and zen place , it's my third time and plan to bring employees next for a nice retreat .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
BourgetSpa, Guest Relations Manager at The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Hi Alain A,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food and the serenity of this country style Inn and spa. We look forward to welcoming you back soon with your employees.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I spent 2 days with 2 girlfriends and had a wonderful time. The service was excellent, owners & staff were friendly & very courteous. The food was delicious, enjoyed my pedicure & massage and got a receipt. I was very happy with our stay at the Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Mary F,

Thank you for taking your time to comment. We are happy that you had a wonderful time at the Inn and Spa Resort and enjoyed your pedicure and massage. We look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriends back again.

Have a fabulous day!!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I don't normally share but my experience here was so unbelievably terrible that it is worth sharing and warning people to NEVER EVER go to this spa. My husband purchased the "Le Classique" spa package for my first birthday after having our daughter. I was so looking forward to a nice relaxing day at the spa and got the complete opposite, so I am writing this review to warn others. I was called at 7pm the night before going to tell me to come in 2 hours earlier because a staff member's aunt had passed away and they had to reschedule. I was fine with this and completely understood that it was an unfortunate situation and that things happen. I was told I would have my massage at 10:15 for an hour, then facial at 11:30 for an hour, then a pedicure at 12:45 for an hour. Afterwards, I would have lunch from 130-230 and then finally my 45 minute manicure and that I would be ready to leave by 330. The first disappointment was that I could not get a receipt as the masseuse was not an RMT. I was very surprised that they charge far more for this massage when she is not even registered. Then I went to the facial room. The facial treatment was good but did not seem like 1 hour. I did not have my watch or a clock so I cannot guarantee. My pedicure however, was at most 30 minutes when it clearly states in the package that it is a 60 minute pedicure. I was really hoping my feet would really get scrubbed and even asked the girl if she would but I was disappointed. She was very friendly however. I was also a little surprised when the masseuse came into the treatment room to ask if I was having lunch. Nothing was clear to me and I assumed the employees would know more than me. Clearly they did not.
At 1:05 I went upstairs for lunch where I had to ask a man where to sit and how my lunch worked. Would I be ordering off a menu or were there a few options to choose from. I was told it was a soup and probably a salad or sandwich and even at that he didn’t seem certain. He also told me I was supposed to come for lunch at 130 and it was only 1:10 so it would be a while. I thought it was strange that there was no choice of food and that it was not posted anywhere what was being served. I am not a picky eater but the meal was embarrassing. It was a ham sandwich on sliced white bread with mayo and mustard, tomato and cucumber that I would make myself for lunch to go to work. The bread was stale. It had clearly been left out, and was so stale that at first I thought it was lightly toasted…but it wasn’t. I believe the soup was squash soup with maybe some curry powder? Not even sure but because of how runny it was, and because I’ve had it before, I knew it was a boxed soup, like from Campbell’s or V8, and it must have been no name or low sodium because it tasted like nothing. I never salt my food and had to ask the man (Who I’m still not even sure was a waiter) for salt and pepper. Then underneath my warm soup and sandwich was a few leaves of spring mix with a raspberry vinaigrette that I have in my refrigerator at home. It was ok but not restaurant worthy. And certainly NOT worth 18 $. Dessert was Chapman’s sorbet with a dribble of Nesquick chocolate syrup and 2 grapes. I don’t think chocolate goes with sorbet but that may be just me.
Sitting behind me was a group of ladies who enjoyed their “lunch” while laughing at how pathetic it was. After 45 minutes at their table they had to ask the man if they could order drinks. Around 230 (when I was supposed to go for my manicure, the lady who had done my facial and pedicure came up. She said she would take another client and that I would be next. After the woman’s 1 hour pedicure! I had already been sitting by myself in the small dining room for over an hour and a half and was told I would get my manicure in 1 more hour. This was unacceptable. Now had I been offered to use the hot tub or sauna, I wouldn’t have minded so much, but when I asked what I could do in the meantime she said I could sit in the dining room, or go back downstairs to the waiting room or go outside. (It was 15 degrees). I finally told her that I was meeting my husband around 330 so I could not wait until almost 4 for my manicure. And I asked for a refund. She was reluctant but I was persistent in not being able to stay so she said she would refund the portion or the manicure which was 46$. I find that exorbitant for a standard manicure, no paraffin, nothing special. I asked her for a receipt proving the refund and I did get it luckily.
When I asked about speaking with the manager or owners, I was told they live in France. This makes me wonder how they can ensure great customer service at their spa in Canada when they are not even in the same country. Very strange.
I was so upset that this was my birthday present and felt terrible for my husband who wanted to do something extra special for me this year and decided to splurge on this spa package instead of another spa in the city which most likely would have cost less and been a much better experience.
I hope NO ONE EVER goes to this spa and loses their money like I did. I don’t mind paying for something if it’s quality and enjoyable but I can’t stop thinking about how I just wasted 250$ for nothing, that I could have spent spoiling my daughter and my family with instead of throwing it away! I WILL NEVER BE GOING HERE AGAIN and will do everything I can to make sure they understand that they cannot take advantage of people like they did to me and many other people!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank CW1232013
BourgetSpa, Guest Relations Manager at The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hi CW1232013,

We regret of your disappointment. While we have served over two thousand people in the last three months yet we are always looking for ways to improve and share our Classy Country Bourget Inn & Spa experience.

We do our best to make experiences for our guests as sunny as we can.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a Beautiful Bright day !

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I just spent two nights at the Bourget Inn and Spa with two girlfriends I would like to say that I had a wonderful time!!! The inn was clean and the food was great. The spa services were excellent and I had no problem obtaining a receipt for my massage treatment. The owners were very attentive and even gave me a slice of cake with a candle for my birthday on Saturday night!! I would definitely recommend the the Bourget Inn and Spa Resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank OhCanadaEh2008

Hi OhCanadaEh2008,

Thank you for celebrating your special day with us. We are pleased that you had a wonderful time at the Inn and Spa and that you enjoyed your spa services. We look forward to welcoming you in near future and many more Birthdays to come.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have to preface this review by saying that I have never been to a spa. The Inn was very nice. It was well kept and had a nice country atmosphere. The room we stayed in was nice and clean. The spa treatments were very good ( we had massages and pedicures) which were provided by friendly, professional people. The meals were very good - 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts and 1 lunch and I found the owners to be nice and accommodating. I understand that these are new owners and there is a learning curve that they will have to undergo, but I have to say that I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Danielle C,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your first spa visit, we wish you many more of the same. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again and enjoy our gourmet meals.

Have a fantastic day!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We paid 169.00 per person.
Only one person was there to attend the inn the night we were there; she had to do the cooking and the service. The meals were not bad but could not qualify as gourmet food. The person could not open a bottle of wine and was not able to put music in the dining room.
She did not show us where were the sauna, hot tub and other installations.
Bugs where really bad and there wasn't aything like a gazebo or repellent candles so we couldn't enjoy the outside.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvie P
BourgetSpa, Guest Relations Manager at The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

HI Sylvie P

We regret of your disappointment. Information regarding all vanities and facility is made available in your welcome sheet found in your room.

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a Beautiful day !

Been to The Bourget Inn & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!