“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of altes stadttor

altes stadttor
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Kastellaun
Cuisines: German
Pirkkala, Finland
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Altes Stadttor used to be a great restaurant, with very nice local food in a brilliant environment. Unfortunately, my recent experience is that they have tried to make the place more upscale and failed.

The food in Altes Stadttor is still very nice without anything wrong: Salad plates are generous and even childrens' portions are carefully prepared. I like to see that a restaurant respects their young customers as much as their parents.

In my opinion removing famous German dishes from the menu was a mistake and a big disappointment. If I want upscale dining, I can't see myself going to Altes Stadttor. Because of this the place which used to be "Very Good" gets now only "Average" rating.

• Visited July 2013