“Superb!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went here as a family after a day out at Diggerland and the experience at this pub truly made the day. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed, I was apprehensive about even getting a meal. We asked at the bar about a table and within 2 mins the answer was yes and we were seated 3 minutes later by extremely professional, friendly staff. Now the food.......well I can honestly say (genuinely unbiased) that this was one of the best meals that I have ever had and the best piece of venison I've ever had the pleasure of eating, totally sublime! The other meals the table had were all fabulous and served very quickly. The deserts were also divine, I had the treacle tart which I would highly recommend. Just a quick mention for the otter ale which is a very nice pint. So to summarise, this place was run like clockwork without losing the 'country pub' ambience, the food was splendid and the staff super efficient. The only downside is that we live over 2 hours away so we will leave this gem to be enjoyed my many others who read this review.
Thanks Halfway House:-)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our local Short Mat Bowls Club had its usual after tournament Dinner at this excellent pub'. What great service customers,(guests), can expect here. The food and service are cannot be faulted, all the staff were so attentive and made our evening a complete success. The Blade of Beef on the Specials Board is one to be tried, my wife and I would thoroughly recommend it. Overall an excellent and enjoyable evening out.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Village pub which lacks a bit of atmosphere, long wait for food, but when it arrived the service was brilliant and the food was okay.
Good stop off for a bite to eat but not a quick bite!!

1  Thank ebbihols
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is our local restaurant, we eat here about once a month, usually the Sunday Carvery but ordered off main menu, specials and kids menus too. The meals are always excellent, as are the desserts
Staff are generally accommodating with our two young children, supplying water to heat baby's bottle and even talking toddlers own cutlery away, washing it and returning it!
We are often seated in smaller side room which is ideal if dining with kids as it opens out onto the beer garden with climbing frame/slides also makes us feel more comfortable as we are then not disturbing other diners in the main restaurant.
One small complaint would be there is no baby change facility

1  Thank SarahDonut
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Warm welcome every time we've dined there. Excellent food cooked perfectly to order, we've never had anything but a superb meal on all occasions.

1  Thank DonaldM489