“All round exellend day out”

Yaraks Birds Of Prey Falconry Centre
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Cullompton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please note: Yarak is NOT open as a walk in Public Visitor Centre. Yarak birds of prey is a stand alone privately owned specialist Bird of Prey Centre which concentrates on hands on experiences for people wishing to handle and fly birds of prey and learn about them all in a totally private environment.The centre is run by experienced professional falconers that really care about their birds and customers. All the birds here are classed as "family" and are treated with a huge amount of respect and want for nothing. All experiences are strictly by appointment only.
“All round exellend day out”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited Yarak 22 march for a hands on day with
the birds.
At last, a centre that really does know it's birds
inside out!
Having been around birds of prey for years myself
and having an absolute obsession with them it
was
great to be around someone ( John) that was
indeed a falconer and who's knowledge was
unlimited!
Visiting centres has and is an obsession for me
and I have been to countless around the country,
but this was rather special.
No question went unanswered and the
information freely given above and beyond what
was asked was quite astounding.
The birds were in immaculate condition as was
the centre, no smell to it like many others and
kept to a very high standard
throughout. Everything is on view with nothing
hidden away.
The day was way beyond my expectations and I
didn't want to leave. John the owner has a
certain charm about him that is contagious,
he is humerous as well which makes people relax
and enjoy.
Food is good and the staff well groomed in
welcoming it's customers.
10 out of 10.
I will be back!! Highly reccomended!
Regards Simon Williams

Exeter, United Kingdom
“superb day out!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I could'nt have wished for a better birthday present. John and his staff made
everyone welcome from the start. The birds are well looked after and you can see
that John has a great passion for his work and a wealth of knowledge.
The centre is excellent with very good facilities
and I will definitely be visiting again.

Papantonia Hotel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Outstanding day out”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I bought this for my husband's birthday. We were welcomed by a lovely lady who gave us coffee and took orders for our lunch so it was ready for us. Then John welcomed us and gave us a quick tour. The birds are so obviously well cared for and happy. I was a spectator so took a book expecting to be bored but I enjoyed it almost as much as my husband. He fed, flew and handled the birds and enjoyed the whole experience immensely. John has a vat of knowledge of all aspects of birds of prey and made it extremely interesting and informative all the way through. The place was very clean and tidy. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with the slightest interest in birds of prey. Thank you to all involved

Taunton, United Kingdom
“The Best of the Best”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I visited yarak on Saturday 15th March with my wife for the combined experience day.

I had been to other centres on these days so thought it would be run of the mill like the others.

How wrong I was! This day was unbelievable! it knocked spots off of any other experience I have had at centres.

The whole place is immaculate and you can see they really care about the welfare of their birds.

The owner John and his staff were so welcoming and the passion they showed not only for the birds but also for their customers was quite overwhelming.

All the birds were in tip top condition and we got to handle and fly many of them. It really was a hands on experience that far surpassed any other experience I had been on. The day was so well planned, interesting and informative and the wealth of knowledge was immense.

The food served at lunchtime was excellent and the service was great at realistic prices.

I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in birds of prey to visit this centre and be prepared to be thrilled by the birds and staff.

Well done to John, Sian and Trish who made our day so special. Keep up the sterling work!!

Devon UK
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Unforgettable day!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Wow! I would highly recommend the day experience for anyone interested in birds of prey. John and the team are so welcoming, make you feel entirely comfortable (even when holding a 7lb eagle on your arm!) and give you a wealth of fascinating information about all the birds.

We got to handle far more birds, and a wider range, than I was expecting to; owls, kestrel, buzzard, hawk and eagles.

You can tell that Yarak are doing this for all the right reasons. A love of the birds rather than just as a tourist attraction.