“Thankyou for the most fanatastic day”
Review of Yarak Bird of Prey

Yarak Bird of Prey
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Cullompton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please note: Yarak is NOT open as a walk in Public Visitor Centre. Yarak birds of prey is a stand alone privately owned specialist Bird of Prey Centre which concentrates on hands on experiences for people wishing to handle and fly birds of prey and learn about them all in a totally private environment.The centre is run by experienced professional falconers that really care about their birds and customers. All the birds here are classed as "family" and are treated with a huge amount of respect and want for nothing. All experiences are strictly by appointment only.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I can not praise Yarak enough.. John and his amazing birds are so welcoming. My boyfriend bought me the owl experience as a birthday treat but as it was a quiet day so we got to do the whole experience. I adore owls but am now in awe at the falcons and other birds of prey. John keeps these birds in such fantastic surroundings and their condition and homes are 5 star. I feel honoured to have spend my birthday in the company of them all. Totally recommend for anyone interested in birds of prey and even those with a fear of birds as John will soon have you loving them.
The stories of how he has rescued some of these birds, who were living in awful conditions and living in fear is incredible. You can see the trust they have in him and how hard he has worked to gain this trust and make them happy. We will be visiting again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Thank you so so much john made clares birthday be back very soon for more, loved the birds very cool day for anyone ....ttfn

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just had the most fantastic day, on the "combined experience". I would recommend this to anyone who really wants a "hands on" day with birds of prey. Very exciting.
Really great team. They used my camera to take "my" photos as I was on my own.
I now have a complete record of the day.
Fab birds of course.
Also lunch...well i had all day breakfast, that was great too.
Id like to do it again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I bought a Combined Experience Day gift voucher for my husband for his birthday, he was able to handle the birds whilst I was merely a spectator and chief photographer. We were greeted warmly and asked to order our lunch in advance so that we would be served promptly, John then came out to greet us and talk us through the schedule for the day. There were 8 of us in total so everyone had lots of opportunities to fly the birds. John is clearly very passionate about his birds and has a wealth of knowledge, which he is keen to pass on. The weather was warm and sunny (yes really in March!!) which made the outdoor flying even more special. We have been on other falconry days, but the Yarak experience was far superior, the birds are amazing, treated as part of John's family and their mutual respect for one another is obvious. The centre is well cared for and immaculate in every respect. Well worth a visit and I'm sure we will return.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had an amazing day yesterday at Yarak's. John was great, so much knowledge and great fund. He has worked with birds of prey since he was 7 years old. The work he and his team do in rescuing birds who are inappropriately homed (they should not be kept as pets!!) is just outstanding. I would recommend an experience day to anyone. The girls in reception were lovely too and the food we had for lunch was lovely. I would definitely visit again. The fabulous weather made it all the more enjoyable, but even without the sunshine it would have been superb. Thank you John and team. Debbie & Greg