Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing experience which we will remember for a lifetime!

Reviewed 5 days ago
DebbieB1973
Hemyock, United Kingdom
Amazing place, a must for anyone who loves birds of prey!

Vsmith81
via mobile

All reviews the barn harris hawk birthday present chilean blue eagle flying display amazing experience flying experience gloved hand morning session these wonderful creatures falconry centre small group wonderful afternoon falconry experience experience days staff were very friendly devon countryside
Reviewed 5 days ago

I bought a full day experience for my husband and two sons aged 12 and 11, with myself as a spectator so that I could enjoy watching them and taking photos of them enjoying their day. The manager of the centre, John, has quite clearly dedicated his life to these wonderful creatures and the health and happiness of the birds is at the forefront of the way in which the experience days operate. All of the staff that work there follow this same principle and were very friendly, knowledgeable and evidently loved their work. We all learned absolutely loads about these magnificent birds and came away feeling that we had experienced something truly magical. The highlight for me was seeing the beautiful blue eagle! It was heart warming to know that, despite some of the poor treatment that some of the birds had received before being rescued by John, they were making amazing progress and were being treated with the expertise, love and care that they deserve. Cannot recommend this place highly enough. We shall definitely be returning! Thanks to John and his staff for our fantastic day.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The birds are phenomenal, you can see how much they are loved by everyone who works there. I had the full day experience and it was well worth it. You’re able to have a hot lunch which was well needed after a cold morning.
The morning was spent seeing and handling owls, you are allowed time for photos with each bird. Then you break for lunch and are back to handle and fly the birds in the afternoon.

I’m a huge Golden Eagle fan and was extremely excited when on arrival I found out they had a Golden Eagle x Russian Steppe Eagle names Khan! He was beautiful, magestic and huge! The main man is John, his knowledge and love for the birds is unquestionable, anything he doesn’t know isn’t worth knowing! The staff are all lovely, we had a young woman in the morning called Natalie, she was very personable and able to answer any questions anyone had. For the afternoon we had Natalie again but when Khan came out he is only with John. The relationship John has with Khan is unbelievable. Khan is such a powerful bird and you can see the trust he has with John.

If you love Birds of Prey there is no better place to visit, it’s unlike any other birds of prey places I’ve visited.
I was on my own but didn’t feel like it as they are so warm and welcoming.

It is a must for anyone of any age who loves Birds of Prey.

Thank you to all the staff for making my day magical.

Vicki

Reviewed 1 week ago

I bought a full day experience for my husbands birthday, with myself as a spectator, to take photos. On arrival we were able to book lunch and buy a hot drink, then have a look at the birds and the site and meet our fellow Experience attenders. What a clean, tidy and well kept place! We loved the fact that although the birds had darkened out of sight areas to retreat to if stressed or feeling unsociable, most of them were out and looking beautifully looked after. John (owner and 'mother' to the birds!) met us and we went to the indoor flying area for the Owls part of the experience. John took his time with each one, giving us lots of information and allowing time for questions and taking photographs. The birds were all beautiful and had their own little characters. It was very cold in the area, being November, and then we had unexpected heavy rain, which meant that John would only be giving a reduced show in the afternoon, as it wasn't ideal conditions for the birds to fly.We had lunch - again, the room was cold - but hot drinks helped us warm up a little. We saw 4 birds fly in the afternoon and had a great time. Although I was only a spectator and I don't like 'little fluttery things' John allowed me to try holding Smudge, which made my day! The love and care of all the birds in this lovely little private centre is apparent. We were all delighted to be given coupons for another afternoon experience as John felt that we hadn't experienced the full display. We shall most certainly be going again and I can wholeheartedly recommend Yarak BoP Centre Experiences.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Where do I start what a delightful day so relaxing I came away feeling like I had a massage. In the morning we spent flying and feeding birds in the indoor flying barn broke for lunch and flew in the outdoor flying field in the afternoon. The owner is obviously a genuine bird lover with a lifetime knowledge and the bond he has achieved with his eagle is amazing. Natalie was our quide and she also was lovely. So if anyone has an interest in birds or flying birds this is the place for you . I can honestly say I can’t remember when I enjoyed a day out so much. As soon as my grandchildren are old enough I will be taking them x thank you so much everyone at yarak x

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Yarak birds of prey for my birthday and it was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend thos place to anyone

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing place and atmosphere.
John and his team are wonderful, very knowledgeable and attentive.
Great variety of birds to observe and handle, got to hold little Ollie, Khan the Golden Eagle and many more. The birds are a great credit to John and his staff. Their care is paramount to John, who also rescues birds and releases them back in the wild where they were found.
Don't waste time reading this book a full day experience today you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I had an amazing experience day at Yarak Bird of Prey center visiting & handling these truly beautiful birds of prey. John & his team were so informative and friendly and the outstanding care and love for these birds was so clear throughout the day. Thank you for such a memorable and enjoyable time. We cannot wait to visit again!

1  Thank hmhayz1
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a truly amazing place, John is so passionate, informative about all his birds.
Had a fantastic day from the moment we got there at 10am until we left just after 4 pm.
Flying the birds is such an amazing feeling.
We will be back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What an amazing day. John, Natalie and the team were so knowledgeable and very caring. Their priority was always the happiness and stress levels of the birds. But we were all able to spend time with each bird brought out. Was quite emotional to have such a close experience with these truly magnificent birds. Would highly recommend if you get the opportunity. And lunches were fab!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our son gave us a day's bird of prey experience as a birthday present, and we booked in for today. John, who is the owner of Yarak, and who leads the day, is a mine of information, and everyone got the opportunity to have owls, a kestrel, a hawk and an eagle land on their gloved hand. What an experience! The cafe served a really nice meal at lunchtime (at a very reasonable price), and all the staff were welcoming and helpful.

For anyone who admires and values birds of prey, this is a "must-do" experience. Set in glorious Devon countryside, with good parking, this is something not to be missed.