“Superior centre - a day to remember”
Review of Yarak Bird of Prey

Yarak Bird of Prey
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Cullompton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Please note: Yarak is NOT open as a walk in Public Visitor Centre. Yarak birds of prey is a stand alone privately owned specialist Bird of Prey Centre which concentrates on hands on experiences for people wishing to handle and fly birds of prey and learn about them all in a totally private environment.The centre is run by experienced professional falconers that really care about their birds and customers. All the birds here are classed as "family" and are treated with a huge amount of respect and want for nothing. All experiences are strictly by appointment only.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a beautiful and quite fantastic place Yarak is. This is my third visit and once again I was overwhelmed and exhilarated by the whole day. The wide range of hawks falcons owls and eagles are wonderful, the Centre and grounds are highly maintained and the day is planned out perfectly giving us information, education, and hands on close up handling experience in a relaxed friendly and inclusive environment. To be so close to these birds that you can feel the air from their wing beat is a remarkable yet humbling experience. A great part of this unique day is down to Michelle, the handler, who shepherds us about, talking to us and sharing her knowledge, whilst caring for each of the birds, flying them, helping us handle them etc. Her gentle presence , her wit and obvious dedication to her craft really make a superb day a superior one. She is a star. Cant praise this place highly enough.

john P, Owner at Yarak Bird of Prey, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our birds on your experience day.
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments.
Many thanks from,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a treat to be able to be so close to these beautiful birds. I feel I have been part of something so special. The whole day has been truly unforgettable. Michelle who hosted the day was so informative, witty, warm and handled us people and the birds with total ease. We were able to be with the birds for the whole day and witnessed some amazing sights. The centre is so beautifully kept and well maintained and the birds are spectacular and so well cared for and looked after. We had a lovely lunch in the sunshine and I couldn't have wished for a better day. I can't wait to return and will do so again and again.

1  Thank Sophie C

Thank you for your kind comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with our birds and team members.
Many thanks from.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Bought as a 40th Birthday day present. I Didn't really know what to expect, but my goodness what a great experience. I took my 20 year old nephew along and both of us had a fantastic time from start to finish. The day began with introductions and then split into small groups the two ladies Michelle and Charlotte really knew there stuff and answered an awful lot of questions throughout the day showing an in depth knowledge of the Birds of Prey. It was great to handle some amazing and rare breeds and the Black barn owl yes black barn owl was out of this world. The food that was served at lunch certainly lived up and beyond any expectations. I would recommend 5 star entertainment and you wont meet more friendly people to have a great day with well worth money. Many thanks to John, Michelle and Charlotte. I will certainly be coming back in the near future for the hunting experience day.
Best Regards
Stephen (Bristol)

We are pleased that you enjoyed your day at Yarak and appreciate you taking the time to post your review.
Many thanks from.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I purchased this for my boyfriend as a birthday gift as he's interested in birds of prey. I'm not into birds myself, but the voucher was for a two day experience for two people, so I went along with him as I thought it might be fun. Boy am I glad that I did! I've been to other attractions with birds of prey before and have always felt a bit let down but this was one of the best experiences of my life and one that I shall never forget.
In the morning we handled several different birds. We were in a small group of about 7 so it felt very personal and we were able to get a lot of hands-on time with the birds and learn a lot about them. I also got a lot of great pictures. Being able to view the birds at such a close proximity was an experience like no other. They are truly beautiful creatures, and hearing some of the stories about what the birds had been through before they were rescued and brought to the center by John was heartbreaking. It is clear that John and Shell care a lot about their birds and it is good to see that the bird's well being always comes first. After handling the birds, we enjoyed a flying display which we also got to take part in.
Lunch was also first class! We both opted for all day breakfasts, and were not disappointed. All the meat and eggs are free range and really tasty! I also recommend trying one of the homemade cakes. I had a chocolate/caramel shortbread and it was yummy.
In the afternoon we flew lots of different birds, including a beautiful barn owl and we also got to feed them. The whole day was so hands-on and was very fun and educational at the same time.
I cannot recommend a Yarak experience more highly. Don't be put off if you're not 'into' birds like I wasn't. I can guarantee that once you've been here, you will have a new found love for them! Both my partner and I are already planning our next visit to Yarak and cannot wait to go back. To John, Shell and Charlie: Thank you for a brilliant, unforgettable day!

john P, Owner at Yarak Bird of Prey, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Yarak.
We are all glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed our birds.
Look forward to seeing you both again in the future.
All the team at Yarak

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Well I really can't think of enough adjectives to fully describe such a wonderful, brilliant experience. The staff, Michelle and Charlotte, both knew all about the birds, and what birds they were. The eagles were full of grace, especially the Chilean Eagle, Meyer. The Falcons were really beautiful as were the Owls. The all day experience was exceptionally good, because after handling the birds, we had the opportunity to fly three British species of birds. This was followed by an great lunch, compliments to John for the food. In the afternoon we handled the Chilean Eagle and we flew a South African Tiger Owl, a Harris Hawk and Buffy the Eagle Owl. A truly wonderful place that I will definitely revisit for another day long experience.

1  Thank Hugh W

Many thanks for your lovely review and the great comments!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with our birds and us.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Many thanks from,