“Terrible night”

Merry Harriers
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Cullompton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Proprietors John & Lynn Bowen, Head Chef Rob Phillips & Second Chef's Liam Sampson & Roit Quessou and all the staff wish you a very warm welcome to the Merry Harriers. We have tried to create a warm, welcoming, traditional Pub atmosphere. We think a Pub should be a Pub - not a restaurant. We pride ourselves on providing well kept Cask Ales, a good selection of quality, moderately priced wines and good home-made Pub Grub. We source our ingredients locally whenever possible. It not only tastes great, it helps to support our local community and to reduce food miles. Thanks to our
devon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible night”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

we stopped here to eat on sat night. Warm and friendly welcome from the barman sat us down got us drinks and menus. Number of things missing off the menu No Sirloin, No Curry, No fish pie, Beef lasagne not ready what a joke does the chef know its the weekend and it would be busy we coulndt believe how limited the menu was in regards to lots of things not being available. Then some 40 mins later 1 meal came out then 5 mins past and another come out then some 3 or 4 mins the final meals come out nothing special and it would of been nice for us to eat together not staggered obviousley no sense of timing in the kitchen. Then when i went to the gents toilets all i could here coming from the kitchen was shouting and swearing just glad my little boy wasnt with me he would have been quite scared. will not be going back.

1 Thank andy b

West Lancs
“Lucky find”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Called in after checking in at Park and Lodge next door. Lady behind bar told us no problem with our dog and reserved a table for us. It was enjoyable experience. Excellent food and service, reasonable cost. Highly recommended.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely food at great value”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We ate here twice whilst in Devon for the weekend and were very impressed. The food was amazing and very large portions for a very good price. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had actually booked another pub for the second night but were so impressed with this pub we cancelled that booking and came back here instead.

We will definitely be going back when next in Devon.

Dunsford, null, United Kingdom
“POOR SERVICE AND VERY EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Travelling from Exeter to collumpton decided to stop here on a Sunday afternoon ..waited at the bar and waited and waited ..after about 15 .
20 minutes was finally served ..with no apology for my very long wait ..ordered a bitter shandy to which I found out is £3.30 possibly the dearest shandy in devon ..I then asked if food was still available ..I was told there was a wait for food .
I didn't stay or order food if you like tatty country pubs with expensive drinks and surly abrupt staff great ...if you dont drive a few miles down the road towards exeter you will find better service food snd and no where near as expensive ..

1 Thank Paul D
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Can not fault”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A long weekend in Devon, almost went for a Chinese but were recommended by a gentlemen in the car park when we asked where he would recommend for a good meal. We were a little dubious £20 for two steaks and a bottle of wine but you were fantastic the steak was delicious so tender done to a tee could not fault and I am very fussy, everything was just first class, I could not fault it. I can not say I would come back because I am so far away but to any one nearer try it , its just great.

2 Thank rosie194