“Unbelievable experience!”

Diggerland
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Cullompton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out. Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy an off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Yes, I drove a JCB! Yes, I got to use the controls and dig and move earth! Yes there were rides, and games. Yes, there was stuff for kids. Yes it was marvellous fun. Yes I would recommend it. And, by the way, the cafe and gift shop are reasonably priced, and there is an indoor picnic area as well as an outdoor one.
My husband and I are seniors and so got in for half price, but it was worth the full adult price: we were there from 10 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon, which has to be good value. I can't remember when I've had so much fun.

2  Thank JacquiandJohn

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Our visit to Diggerland was excellent, getting hands on with so many diggers made this a really unique experience.
The staff were very helpful, and as the park was quite there were few queues and plenty of chances for extra rides.
The Cafe was reasonably priced with a tasty range of fast food. This also provided a refuge from the occasional sharp showers which passed through during the day.

1  Thank Kirsty M
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went to Diggerland on Sunday 9th of June with my husband and son who is five, pretty quiet that day so could go on everything without queuing but being a larger lady myself could not get the safety belts around myself only told half way though the day by a friendly staff member that i could get a belt extension from payment kiosk staff a little confused as to where this item was kept did eventually find it, should be made freely available on every attraction so no embarrassment caused otherwise an enjoyable day had by all.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My mild expectations for Diggerland were wildly exceeded.

My two daughters, my wife, and I had a great time. Our 9 year old drove a Toyota 4Runner with the other 3 of us in the backseat. An attendant sat in the front passenger seat and helped with stearing and getting the car in low gear, etc. This was a highlight of the trip for her and something she'll never forget.

They have some height requirements on some equipment, so you might want to check with them if you've got

Everyone enjoyed using the smaller 'diggers' (front hoe) to play games, the medium diggers to dig, and the largest ones to dig even more. They leave you alone on the machines for a few minutes and the experience did not feel rushed.

There were some other machines to drive around. Check out the website, it gives you a good idea of the scope of Diggerland.

We had a lot of fun, and I'm glad we found Diggerland.

1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Devon Diggerland :
*Venue very easy to find & park.
*Quiet in May,
*Quietest day on a weekend is on a Sunday.
*Quiet day no queues = 4 hours, Busy day queuing = 6 hours
*Using your Tesco vouchers makes this a very cheap day out ( £25 for a family of 5) otherwise it's £17 each on the gate.
*Summer holidays will be busy. Phone first for quietist time to visit.
*JCB merry-go-round is ideal for little ones.
*Kids under 8 may not be able to operate machinery - phone first to check height limitations.
*Kids get to drive a JCB, 4x4, dumper, little tractor, Bobcat.
*Kids get to operate JCB swing shovels & mini diggers.
*Spindizzy is great fun (Tracked swing shovel spins you around /up & down.
*Sky shuttle is sedate & designed to give you a view of the surrounding countryside (JCB with a telescopic arm).
*Dodgems £1/ride 2pm till 4pm
*Play ground available
*large undercover area with ball pools for all ages, pool, slot machines
*Café, nice coffee, McDonalds style burgers or wraps with chips about a fiver, cold drinks £1, (about £30 for family of 5).
*I would take my own food & drink next time, plenty of places to picnic inside or out whilst kids play.
*Suitable for all ages over 8yrs (limited entertainment for little ones).
*Toilets clean.
*Take a brolly and spare footwear if raining.
*All staff friendly.
* and did I mention... using your Tesco club vouchers makes this a bargain venue ;-)

4  Thank Rich Y