“Fun (half) day out, but not worth full price”
Review of Diggerland

Diggerland
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Cullompton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diggerland is The Ultimate Adventure Theme Park Experience where children and adults alike can ride, drive and operate REAL diggers, dumpers and other full- size construction machinery. Diggerland is the perfect destination for action, fun and thrill packed family days out. Fun for all ages (subject to height restrictions), Diggerland with its 20 different rides and drives and an array of additional activities is the ideal theme park for small to large groups looking for something exciting and truly unique. Get to grips with real JCBs and 180/360 excavators, take a head-reeling turn or two on the Spindizzy, rise to lofty heights and enjoy the views on the Skyshuttle, enjoy an off-road ride on the Groundshuttle, or have a go on the Dodgems and Go-Karts!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

First the basics:
We went as a family of 5, plus a nephew, using up Tesco vouchers: and just as well, because, although the kids loved it, there is no way it is worth £17 EACH. There is a basic cafe for food/toilets and a so-called indoor play area (in practice a ball pit and a bouncy castle).
BUT:
the kids loved it, girls and boys alike. It is certainly unique to be able to drive real diggers, and I was surprised by how many variations on the theme they managed to come up with.
The staff was friendly, given the time of the year it was actually quite quiet, so there was hardly any queing. Our youngest son (3y, must be higher than 90cm) was able to go on most rides sitting on an adult's lap.
As I said, fun day out, but I would never pay full price for that.

1  Thank paolao
"all ages"
in 31 reviews
"height restrictions"
in 8 reviews
"staff were very friendly"
in 19 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
in 5 reviews
in 12 reviews
"play area"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went with 3 friends to Diggerland on the 3rd of November. We had a great day out there!

We are all grown adults but as were staying nearby thought we would have a "man day" and see how much fun we could have digging holes! And it didnt let us down!

the staff were really friendly and helpful with explaining how everything worked and once they did they let us get on with it.

I paid £15.30 as I got 10% discount with a "Blue Light Card" - An official discount card for Emergency Services & Armed Forces which was great they accepted it.

People say its expensive - I dont know if its just because I live in the South East so I am used to it but I thought it was good value.

There are 3 mini diggers, 3 medi/large diggers and a load of others opposite - You can dig holes with these and then there are some rigged up to play skittles etc - great idea!

You can drive a full sized JCB (pictured) and if you are 17 years old or younger can drive a 4x4.

A few pointers on which they could improve on: The tipper truck course could do with being a little more hilly, muddy etc. As it is its just a small loop which is a little boring.

Also, get rid of the "safari" course. It's basicaly some bloke driving you around a small course in a 4x4 but the course is neither challenging or interesting.

Apart from that its great. They also have a small cafe which sells burgers, brews etc.

Would definately go again :)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited this attraction in Devon as it wasn't far from where we were staying in Exmouth and myself and both my kids had a fantastic day out.
The staff were really friendly and helpful and the kids were so excited to be able to control a JCB and small diggers!
The park has good facilities and eating area and caters to all ages making it worth the money!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My sons love this place, we have been a few times, and whilst it is not cheap, you have to consider the cost of the machines.

For a young lads birthday party it is ideal, what else could they want!

No doubt we will return.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We took our son to Diggerland in Devon, the second time we have been there and the 3rd time to Diggerland as we went to the one in Yorkshire last year. My son absolutely loves this place, and this year we let him go on one of the diggers on his own for the first time, normally he sits on our knee and just does the steering. The staff were excellent - friendly and helpful, and they kept a good eye on him as he was trying to hunt for metal bricks with the digger.

To make the most of it we also camped so we had a really nice weekend, as the campsite was quiet. The only downside was the rain when we were packing up, so now we have to try and dry out the tent.

The facilities in Devon are better than they are in Yorkshire, and the cafe/restaurant has a better selection. We will definately go back, although we might try the one in Kent next time.

This is definately one for the boys, and teens will be able to do more.

2  Thank johno513