“Yurt camping is my new favourite thing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cullompton
Blackdown Yurts - Yurt Holidays in Devon
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Sleeping in these yurts was amazing, a feeling of being close to nature without suffering :) Loved the decorations and the pillows and the fire. Loved waking up to step out into the beautiful devon fields. Loved walking. Loved that everything was environmentally friendly. Looking forward to going back with more time to relax.

Room Tip: the yurt at the top of the hill has a fantastic view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 2, 2012

What can I say? I just felt in love with this place. Highly recommended to those who want to get a real full immersion experience with the nature. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had always wanted to stay in a yurt and that's what my lovely daughter arranged as a surprise for my 60th birthday. What an amazing experience! My family were in one of the yurts on the lower level, and my partner and I were in the one on the hill top. Beautiful views, lovely interiors and plenty of space. The weather was diabolical but the wood burner, with an endless supply of free wood, kept us cosy. The second night a gale blew up and the rain was torrential. There were a few minor leaks from the centre point but nothing that hindered our enjoyment. To lie in bed, warm and safe, while listening to the elements doing their worst outside was pure heaven. The large communal barn was useful for breakfast and there were plenty of showers and a conventional loo if you didn't fancy the composting ones. The owners made us so welcome and even provided wine, milk and butter.
This is a beautiful place and we will go back for another yurt adventure and hopefully get better weather. I would thoroughly recommend it, however it is camping so be prepared for everything that goes with that. I know many recent colour supplements have run articles on "glamping" and people go with unrealistic expectations. If you are a hotel person then stick with that but if you want to get closer to nature do try this.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cybermum1
Reviewed November 8, 2011

As a couple who love to be in the heart of nature, we thought we'd invite all our friends to join us to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary at Blackdown Yurts and what a magical weekend it was, the Yurt interiors just blew us away. So much thought has gone into the site. Loved the field kitchen, which was our chill out area, played some toones and had a little dance (beware no music after mid-night though).
Felicity's kitchen was a real steal, we provided the meat, she prepared the salad, there you have it, a lovely outdoor BBQ.
All in all, we had the most amazing time and Peter and Jaz were so helpful, would love to visit again one day and I don't say that very often!

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Gorgeous comfy yurts in the heart of the Devon countryside. So romantic and cosy at night with the woodburner going. Beautifully decorated with Kilim rugs and sheepskins, the facilities are basic but all you need - certainly alot easier than lugging a load of camping gear about! I can imagine it is just as lovely in autumn as in the summer. The owners are really helpful and friendly and loads to do in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed September 13, 2011

After making a booking we were extreemly dissapointed to be let down at the very last minute by the owners cancelling our booking because we were a hen party of 5 girls (despite being in our 30's and we explained that we are not a noisy bunch, infact, we were looking for something peaceful!). The owners were very rude and didn't apologise. At the point of making this post, the only comment on the website state that 'if you want to let off steam' then all the yurts have to be hired, but there is no mention of not taking single sex groups - no matter how quiet and respectful you are! It would be helpful for the owners to state this on their website or literature from the outset (like campsites do) or alternatively, the owners should request more detail about the booking from the outset (not just numbers of guests and dates/availability) before taking bookings.

Very disappointing indeed for a five girls looking for a quiet country retreat! Be warned!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank ExeterHappyTravel
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My two young boys and I spent a fantastic weekend here. A wonderful way to relax and unwind and let the kids run around in the wide open spaces - and go searching for badgers, make campfires and generally escape from the all the trappings of the 21st Century!
P.S. - The yurts were amazing too!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family