All reviews on arrival great hotel extra cost stayed for nights the hotel staff sea front air con etna balcony wedding taxi euro
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

If you have seen any of my other reviews I tend to write more good than bad. However my husband booked a surprise trip here for my 40th birthday. I loved the island, the food and the sights. Mount Etna trip was amazing.
This hotel however was not good.
Positive - aspects were that it was really clean and nicely decorated.
Negative - location was awful; you definitely need a car and it doesn’t feel a safe area to walk around; staff did not really want to help and were rude and the main feeling we got was the hotel was for local people first, with weddings, birthdays and conferences going on we felt like the holiday makers were an inconvenience. This then meant that other than being in the room we tried to stay out of the hotel at all costs.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for this reason.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

To be honest we chose this hotel as we expected to have a nice weekend break! But this hotel has made our weekend not so amazing.
1. Location is horrible, you need a car in order to reach anything from this hotel;
2. Sea - although there is only 10min walk distance to the sea, there is no beach, only rocks and busy street;
3. Restaurant - the food was nice in the restaurant, the service was very good. But the breakfast was horrible, such a poor choice and the food was bad. I saw banana, which was so bad, and it was served next to other fruits. Next morning we did not even go for our breakfast;
4. Entertaining - although the hotel is expensive, you have to pay for everything as an extra, including indoor pool, sauna, gym, towels for outdoor pool. The sunbeds did not have cushions, so it was super uncomfortable!
5. Rooms - very clean.. but they are strange, as there was a proper kitchen in my room. To make it more interesting, there were no pots or pans to cook. So it seems that hotel doesn’t want to refurbish and get rid of unneeded amenities in your room, so you end up sleeping with hobs and fridge.
6. The night reception - we had to check out Very early in the morning, so we met night receptionist, who was sleeping and unhappy that we interrupted. We found few things on our bill, which we did not buy (such as gym or water) and he did not agree to remove it, and when we asked to prove that we purchased it, he took massive book and started looking for information. He said he can look for it for 25 min if we want. The same was when I asked for invoice, he said he doesn’t know how to do it, and it can take him 25min if we want to wait!!
So to sum up - l believe there are better places to stay!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dulkyteaiste
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the 4 Spa Hotel in Catania, Sicily. While the inside of the hotel is nicely appointed with modern furnishings and very clean, we felt very isolated with regards to the area. The hotel is situated around an unattractive neighborhood with few options outside the hotel property within a reasonable distance. You can, however, take a taxi into Catania for about $40 euros round trip which we chose to forgo. There is a restaurant on property but the menu is limited. The only restaurant we saw near the hotel in walking distance was near the ocean but not in a good area. We were glad we were only staying for two nights.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018

This is a great hotel. Made to feel welcome, all staff were helpful and friendly. Would definitely return. View from our window was just what I visited for, Mt Etna Excellent holiday. Disappointed with the original room but this was not the hotels fault. The staff very quickly moved us to another room which was superb. Stayed Monday to Friday and had read reviews before I went so was a little apprehensive with the reviews regarding the breakfasts but I can honestly say I don't agree with other views the breakfasts were really good. Thank you 4Spa Hotel we will return.

Room Tip: Pool and mountain view.
Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2018

This is a great hotel, with wonderful views to all sides, either out on the sea or towards Etna. As we were there for business, we did not have any time to enjoy the spa (not included in hotel rate). Outside pool was still closed, what I as a German do not understand ;-) . Rooms are spacious and i slept really well. Breakfast is good, but avoid the coffee machine and ask the friendly staff to serve you a coffee from the bar. Minor breakfast detail, but I really don't like that: Plastic cups for juice and water - please provide glasses!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business