1,158 results
All reviewsfree shuttlehotel is locatednice hotelsea viewshuttle servicereception staff areswimming poollobby barbreakfast buffet isprivate tunnelthe usual amenitiesbeds were comfortablecar parkingmt etnanice poolrented a carbook in advance
Reviewed August 31, 2017

The front desk was nice and our stay overall good. The pool is big enough but if you come there late the chairs can all be occupied. The room was clean and good and the breakfast was very good, even had sparkling wine. They have a free shuttle into town as theres about 10km to the city center and only a few restaurants close to the hotel , but they wore also nice to sit in because all the resyaurants had a seaview ofcourse. The only thing I didnt like was the carpark they had , even costs 14 euros per day. The staff there was not a costumer services staff , I asked for my car and nothing happened in 10 minutes , so I had to go down and ask what the problem was , no answer he just stood there and the I had to drive the car out myself..even think that they scratched my car because I didnt have any scratches on it before my stay but after I had one and ofcourse when its a rental I had to pay for the scratch. Overall the stay was nice and it was a good place to relax after a 1500 km drive across Italy. Sunshine and pooling.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
FourPointsCatania, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your so good review about your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Catania! I am glad that you appreciated our services and staff and I assure you that I will involve the garage staff and management to improve their services.
Hoping that you will choose to stay with if you will stop in Catania again,
best regards
Igor Bubic -Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2017

OK we stayed in August, maximum high-season and the hotel was packed so we probably didn;t see it at its best. I'd also cashed in some SPG points for the rooms (book 4 nights get one free) so we probably weren't their favourite customers. Add-in that they begrudgingly accepted that with our platinum spg cards everyone was entitled to free breakfast...

All dated - bare concrete in a lot of places (though someone was plastering). Realistically you need a car (though they have a shuttle bus to town - which you need ot pre-book, only 8 seats).

Pool is on the small side but adequate. Sun-loungers on the lacking side - you need to nab them before about 09:00 to get one ... people 'reserving' from about 07:30. Pool doesn;t open until ~9 - and pool staff on the rude side.

Bar staff good - but only used it once.

Not sure why people have an issue with breakfast. It's all self-service; various fruits, yoghurt, cereals, juices, coffee machine, ham, cheese, bread, cakes, etc.. some hot options - bacon, scrambled eggs and sausages - seemed fine to us. Prosecco and orange juice if you want it.

Car parking a rip-off ... I lost the will to argue over whether the VW Golf should be 10 or 14 Euros a night (even though we were told 10 when we checked-in). Be careful of on-street parking though - patrolled until ~11:30pm!

Pizz place across the street does take-away of you want lunch - the pool snack bar menu is limited and not great at the hotel. The main hotel restaurant is nice but pricey.

Room Tip: Obviously sea-view if you can
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
FourPointsCatania, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that the staff and most of our services satisfied your expectations. I apologize for lack of services that you higlighted and I assure you that we will work hard to improve our services.
I hope to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Sheraton Catania for 4 nights with my boyfriend. On arrival they told us that our room has no sea view when we specifically booked that and they never responded back to my email on which i asked them to confirm that this is ok. They were fully booked so as we arrived at 11pm we had to take what they had. They charged our parking higher than they should have. Receptionists all were very rude. For that money i suggest you go and take a nicer place. Breakfast was poor as well. The balcony was nice though. Shame on Sheraton chain this was the worst of all so far. I do not recommend this hotel at all, waste of money.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZeyZeyAA
FourPointsCatania, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Guest,
I am really sorry to read that your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Catania was so below your expectations. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service, so I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our front desk staff did not quite meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our services

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is very dated yet runs with very good staff rooms are clean. Hotel named manage by Sheraton but I do not think so. Car park is €14 a day so watch it they don't like to say the cost up front regardless you must rent a car to enjoy your stay plenty parking off the roadside
Food in hotel is good hotel bar recommend four point special only once one barman did excellent three times honestly they smashed on mixer no presentation price we paid did not do justice so encourage the barman barmaid recommended
Anyway plenty restaurant choices outside the hotel again you need a car
Swimming pool is good size family entertainment drinks and snacks available but little costly
I cannot say we will return to same hotel our experience of this holiday was an average they have fail to make it feel special
Sicily is special we will return

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review about your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Catania. I am sorry that we did not reach your total satisfaction and I assure you that I will work hard with my staff to improve our services.
Best regards

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived and was given our room on the third floor, we were quite happy, the place was clean, decent sized room and even had a little balcony with a view overlooking the pool and the sea. Until it took a horrible turn, we were getting ready to go out to celebrate my partners birthday when a part of the ceiling fell in our room, with the water leaking all over the wardrobe- thankfully none of our items got ruined! I called down to the reception and they immediately sent up the handyman and a cleaner only to do a temporary fix.. when we came back to our hotel room at 2am the ceiling had fallen again! We were so disappointed and exhausted we had to pack all of our things and move to another room. This one was a disgrace, something you shouldn't even allow your guests to stay in. It's a connecting room, obviously we didn't know who these people were, in the morning they came out of the balcony the woman got a fright and immediately went back into her room, she got have easily come into our room! No privacy at all! Again we went to complain as the ac wasn't even working in this room! After hassling and complaining they upgraded us to a room on the fourth floor, this room at least was the best one of them all, however too little too late after all that hassle over the past 2 days. No apologies or compensation was given, only a little joke from the receptionist that we had a tour of the hotel. Very rude staff breakfast waiters and pool attendants.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Andrea714
FourPointsCatania, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Catania Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear Guest,
I am really sorry to read about the issue you had during you stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Catania; please accept our sincere apology, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you in next future to make you change your mind.