The only thing the management of this resort is interested in is how to take as much money as possible by offering a quality service that is just sufficient to decency (and I am not saying sub-standard because I want to be polite here). Positive customer experience does not fall into the priorities of the management of this structure, but prices are the same than top level resorts with outstanding customer service and superior quality (which is not the case of this structure). Breakfast has nothing to do with what you'd expect in a farmhouse in Tuscany. It's the standard breakfast which can also be found in a city hotel and includes only commercial corn flakes, milk, jam, industrial cheese and salami grocery shopping (the products in the large-scale retail trade, in practice, bought wholesale/bulk to increase earnings). The restaurant food is very low quality and prepared so crass, corporate mess type (they want to know in advance if you plan to eat at the restaurant so they can mass-cook, at the expenses of quality of course). If you wish to try/taste the typical Tuscan/Italian products and traditional delicacies, typical of country houses, this place is definitely NOT to be included in the possible options. Try other resorts in Tuscany. Even Autogrill (on the highway) has a better offer in terms of food (and I would say customer service too). The management is only interested to collect as much money as possible and the staff is not helpful either. One can “skin” feel that sympathy is bogus and smiles are fake, even before paying the bill. The management uses every possible and conceivable system to charge customers until they are on the property. Absolutely and definitely not recommended if you are looking to spend a period of relax in Tuscany and enjoy this wonderful region with its specialties and beauty. It is definitely much better to look for other resorts in the area (plenty of), trust me!!! A very disappointed and dissatisfied customer. I wish good luck to those who pick this "agriturismo" (if we want to name it that way) :)))
PS: The room was also kind of dirty with plenty of dust and insects (both dead and alive) on the door glass and the door curtain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A XI century Tuscan Castle in the beautiful Florentine hills. The farmhouse is run by a young Italian couple and it is finely restored and well equipped with Pool/jacuzzi and private lovely gardens for outside dining. 2km to shops, bank, restaurant etc. Just 20 km to Florence and own Tuscan Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Il Castelluccio Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Castelluccio Country Hotel Barberino Di Mugello
- Il Castelluccio Country Resort Tuscany, Italy