“Great steaks by the highway”

Ristorante La Cavallina
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Giant steaks, really friendly and hard working crew, delicious side dishes. Not really for children (the amounts and types of food is mainly for adult men :-) )

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Spectacular homemade pasta and desserts, amazing steaks! 25€ average per person.for an appetizer and a pasta dish. I got a black truffle pasta and a row porcini mushroom salad, just wow!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Possibly the best steak I have ever tasted. Authentic surroundings, with very friendly and hospitable staff. Extremely good value for money. If we ever are passing this way again La Cavallina is top of my list for lunch.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I chose it thanks to its review on TripAdvisor and I was happy when I saw lots of trucks parked in the lot as in Italy that's a sign for best bang for the buck.
However I was not impressed by the quality of their Fiorentina Steak which was the main reason why we stopped.
The pasta was very good and so were the side dishes (just as important as the main) but the quality of the steak (we chose the most expensive Chianina, of Italian origin) and the way it was cooked were disappointing.
It was raw as we ordered it but it was not sizzling and undercooked on the outside and it had nerves and muscles.
I think it also hadn't cured enough and it was also served cold (it might have been taken out of the fridge just before being thrown on the grill)
The service was good but in all, a disappointing dinner

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2017

We love this place. We stopped here to ask directions once and was amazed by the food inside. We did not eat there as we thought it was for truckers. We passed again a year later and decided to join the truckers. We was taken to a separate room where it was more couples and business people. You choose your steak the weight the breed and he brings it to your table before he cooks it. It is absolutely cooked to perfection. My husband had steak and I had lamb chops. best lamp chops I have ever tasted. We also had roast potatoes and vegetables. The service wAs really good and they were so friendly. When we went to the till to pay the manager/boss whoever he was wanted to make sure we enjoyed it. It’s not the most glamorous of places but it has the most unforgettable food. We will certainly be back and would recommend if you like meat you will love it here.

Date of visit: September 2017