My family and I just stayed for five nights at Le Maschere to celebrate my mother's birthday. The hotel was superb and the staff made every effort to make our stay comfortable.- taking excellent care of the children and the rest of us. The restaurant in the hotel served great food and the unrelated Le Maschere restaurant, just a short walk down the road, was a real boon, with very nice affordable cuisine including freshly foraged mushrooms. Apparently summer at the hotel was very busy indeed but we were thrilled that the place was rather quiet during our stay. Getting down the gravel path to the lovely pool was a touch tricky as was finding one's way through the maze of routes between different parts of the villa but I understand that they are still refining some details from the multi-year refurbishment and, after all, it is a C16 villa. For a special occasion this place is perfect: exquisite accommodation, beautiful countryside, great food, really warm and friendly staff. For culture/history buffs, this region may not be up there with the other Tuscan sites that are so incredibly rich but the area is, nonetheless, fascinating. Giotto was born just a few miles away and there are numerous interesting small towns in the area. Florence is also only a short ride along the motorway. There are many interesting small hamlets and churches nestled in the beautiful countryside. A memorable holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A revival of tradition with a contemporary twist and refined settings where perfect harmony exists between history,art and design.architectural features, interiors and exteriors restored to their former splendor, are witness to the evolution of tradition and development of style and techniques that all go to make up the history of villa le maschere. Splendid frescoes and ornamental stuccos that are true works of art, render every room unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Le Maschere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Maschere Hotel Barberino Di Mugello
- Hotel Le Maschere
- Resort Le Maschere
- Villa Le Maschere Tuscany, Italy