Having spent 30 plus years traveling the world my wife and I can say that this hotel is without question deserving of its five stars and all around excellent. We have stayed in every type and price of hotel in virtually every European, Asian, American, country. This time we were on a six week jaunt through Europe which included northern Italy with no pre bookings. We found this place and wow, everything they do is just so right. The morning of our arrival we booked a junior suite and on arrival they upgraded us to a delux, the room is very spacious and kitted out with everything one would need to the extent that you could arrive with nothing except the clothes on your back and be very comfortable. The whole pool area is beautiful with two pools, a spa/hot tub with every type of jet you could imagine, sauna, steam room (all complimentary) and a full range of pay for spa services. In a few previous posts I noticed that people spoke of the food cost, the food is not cheap but when you are staying in a magnificently restored national monument, with the level of service provided, I would not expect it to be. If you want the total experience it is worth it, if all you want is food then perhaps not. By the way I also noticed that somebody mentioned the restaurant across the road, we also went there for lunch which was also very good but at euro 75 for two that is not cheap. A beautiful array of continental style food is available for breakfast included in room price. I would agree with the managers comment that compared to similar properties they are not expensive. Never left the property since arriving except fora walk and lunch, I think that sums it up. Just one very minor comment, the walking trails on the property need some care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A revival of tradition with a contemporary twist and refined settings where perfect harmony exists between history,art and design.architectural features, interiors and exteriors restored to their former splendor, are witness to the evolution of tradition and development of style and techniques that all go to make up the history of villa le maschere. Splendid frescoes and ornamental stuccos that are true works of art, render every room unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Le Maschere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Maschere Hotel Barberino Di Mugello
- Hotel Le Maschere
- Resort Le Maschere
- Villa Le Maschere Tuscany, Italy