Car launch centered on Florence overnighted at Villa Le Maschere, which has a curious edifice reminiscent of a decorated barn. Extremely poor Internet connection meant unable to upload to YouTube and each email took several minute to process. Oddball room had a rickety desk and a big chair but no legroom underneath, so forced to use an armchair and coffee table to work. Drinks on the terrace was understaffed. The meal (stuffed Guinea fowl) was okay, but nothing special. Breakfast was served in some rooms in the labyrinthine rabbit warren of basement that proved difficult to find and required the skills of a pot-holer to emerge from. On this occasion the place promised more than it actually delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A revival of tradition with a contemporary twist and refined settings where perfect harmony exists between history,art and design.architectural features, interiors and exteriors restored to their former splendor, are witness to the evolution of tradition and development of style and techniques that all go to make up the history of villa le maschere. Splendid frescoes and ornamental stuccos that are true works of art, render every room unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Le Maschere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Le Maschere Hotel Barberino Di Mugello
- Hotel Le Maschere
- Resort Le Maschere
- Villa Le Maschere Tuscany, Italy