“Great food and friendly,helpful staff”

San Giorgio e il Drago
Ranked #8 of 41 Restaurants in Randazzo
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had a wonderful lunch here with traditional Sicilian foods and wines. The staff were friendly and helpful - the proprietor even gave us a lift back to the station as I had difficulty walking that far. Definitely worth going out of your way for. Be warned there are no taxis in Randazzo!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great and authentic food, the most intensely flavoured we found during our 3 day short trip to Eastern Sicily. The wines are simply brilliant, all the best Sicilian producers are here, plus some natural winemakers (Cornelissen, Vino di Anna). A true gem hidden at the foothills of the Etna!

1  Thank Griottes-Chambertin
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The food and service were excellent.

One of the few places we found that had an english menu, not a must but it's very nice not to have to interrogate the waiter on each dish.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Not sure why you would want to live here.. Much less drive this far for a lunch. I am sure there is something for using the most abundant and available natural resource to build everything .. But why does it have to be black basalt, it looks like an awful lot of work to please God and man. Anyway the food did the trick for me , the pasta with wild herb had a nice mild bitterness to it, and the rabbit was delicious in a gorgeous sauce, here it seems life would be a hell whole in this land of the lava, so I am very glad he ended his days in a caper and olive jus rather than some rotten baking burrow. The service fair with only 5 customers - not much personality to show for herself and I knew when the setting for 20 turned up, I might get my first glimpse of the local capo and his henchmen, on time they arrived looking more accountant than mafioso, I was even more disappointed when the only thirst they displayed was not for blood ,but mineral water. A sorry bunch of " hard men" in a secluded dot in the middle of a hard baked Sicily. Samantha signed my restaurant guide as requested before she got down to satisfying the Sapranos.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

My wife and I had lunch here and the food was excellent. We split a wonderful Caprese salad and had a pasta w/fungi and a pasta w/almond sauce. Unfortunately the service wasn't as good as the food; it seems the waiter forgot to put our full order into the kitchen. It was a long time coming.

That said, I'd go back for the food.