All reviews breakfast lady washing machine bed sheets stunning views of the sea culinary institute baia south coffee lobby size dell est august renovation rooms
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in August. First impression, beautiful views. The room not so much, it’s disappointing that a place like baia dell’Est with an amazing kitchen and view has such old rooms. Our hotel room had ants, which is to be expected in the south of Italy but cleaning service should make a better attempt to fix that. There was cigarette ash on the floor and a stain on the bed sheets. We didn’t complain but it should be reviewed. The corridor to the rooms was open so of course little lizards and geico were able to enter your room which one did thankfully on our last night. Breakfast is buffet and fine, but it took the waiter 20 minutes to come ask us about coffee. It is a beautiful hotel just missing the service and renovation.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Italy twice, both times staying at Baia dell’este in Calabria. Traveling all over Italy and staying in many hotels, there is no comparison to the experiences I’ve had at baia. The views are absolutely magical. The most beautiful and breathtaking sunrises you will ever experience. The kind of sunrise that you sit and watch, while drinking fresh espresso and think to yourself “can this be real life?!” .. “pinch me I’m dreaming”. The hotel is walking distance to miles of clean and beautiful beaches. The staff at baia is extremely helpful, kind and welcoming, making it feel like your at home. I will be returning to Italy and will undoubtedly be staying at baia dell’este!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

This is the third time I have visited Baia, and it never disappoints. Stunning views of a unique coastline, professional and friendly staff with a charming town and miles of beach close by. This is one of the only places in Calabria we've felt truly "at home". We will come back every single time we visit Italy.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2017

With stunning views of the sea, Baia dell'Est has always been the nicest place to stay. With the recent renovations to the rooms and lobby, the hotel left us even more impressed. The breakfast lady that seems to manage the housekeeping staff is amazingly sweet and hospitable. We are looking forward to my next relaxing stay here in February!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2015

In 2014 I was traveled with my mother to Calabria on a tour hosted by Chef Mark McDonald of Ole Vine Cafe and Chef John Nocita of The Italian Culinary Institute. This was one of the hotels that we stayed in for an extended time. The grounds were beautiful with stunning views of the sea from the room and all angles. The room was simple, but comfortable enough for the two of us. We booked double occupancy for the tour expecting to be sleeping next to each other in twin beds, but to our surprise, we had two separate bedrooms in the room! The terrace connected to the room was large, and looked down on the most beautiful ocean view. Breakfast at the hotel was also a nice surprise. There were a couple of ladies that would make your espresso drinks for us and squeeze fresh blood orange juice as we watched. There was also a spread of pastries, meats cheeses, eggs, sausage and fruit. It was the perfect way to start each day. The staff was friendly enough, and even though there was a language barrier, they would always try to assist. I hope to return on my own in the warmer months to take advantage of the amazing beaches!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family