“FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY EVENT”

$73.50*
and up
Catalina Express Round-Trip Ferry Service: Long Beach or San Pedro to Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: With 8 boats and up to 30 daily departures year-round from Long Beach, San Pedro and Dana Point, Catalina Express is the best way to get to Catalina Island. In about an hour, you could be hiking, biking, shopping, diving, snorkeling, fishing, dining, stand up paddling, kayaking, relaxing at a spa or kicking back at the beach club. Just 22 miles from LA, but a world of difference. (Don't forget to upgrade to the Commodore Lounge and skip the lines with priority check-in, express boarding, plus a complimentary cocktail or soft drink, and more. Just $15 each way.)
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Long Beach, CA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY EVENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Kudos to Catalina Express for their free trip to Catalina on your birthday promotion. They have upgraded and reorganized since I participated several years ago and it is a class act. Starting with check-in, they really make your day special. They now have a Happy Birthday ribbon, which lets everyone know it's your birthday, and they also have a abrochure full of discounts and freebies. Everywhere I went, people said happy birthday. Thanks to Lloyd's for the free birthday ice cream cone! I only wish I'd planned to stay overnight to take advantage of Afishinado's flying fish tour! A lovely day, and a wonderful time!

3 Thank ladysailor715

• Korean first
Elk Grove, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great Service. The trip to and from Cataline was very smooth and peaceful. The boats were very clean. We enjoyed our day there. One more place checked off our bucket list. The directions to get to Berth 95 was spot on. We will use this service again.

1 Thank clalves
Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bucket List check off trip. Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Fabulous, peaceful, journey to one of the premier day trips in America. Catalina Island is breathtaking. Short but nature embracing voyage. Went from Newport Beach. Took my mom and sister and cousin for a refreshing, relaxing life goal trip. Look for groupon deals on weekdays.

2 Thank robmcliberty
West Hollywood, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Employees need proper customer service training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been traveling on the express my whole life, and it has been overall an enjoyable experience. They keep ( for the most part) their boats clean, staff is friendly on the boat , and it's always a pretty crossing. The only problem is the ticket agents at the express in avalon could be.... A little nicer. One woman, I believe she works in the morning , that's when I usually see her , she always has an attitude. I don't know her name, nor would I say it in this review but she has reddish hair, and wears glasses. Ever experience I've had with her, she's always been uptight. I understand it can be difficult dealing with customers everyday, (I, as well, have a job where you're constantly interacting with people) but that's what we get paid to do. She can at least say thank you or smile. That's just my input, but overall the express has been a great way to travel over to, and from the island.

Visited June 2013
Sarasota, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Clean and efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We used Catalina Express from Dana Point to Avalon and then Avalon to Long Beach. Both boats were super clean and very efficient. The crew was helpful and friendly, they have had a good lesson on customer service! The Bloody Mary on the Dana Point to Avalon was excellent!

Visited May 2013