Having been to Port de Pollenca many times with the kids, we decided to return this time round(a few years on), just the two of us. In the past we have stayed in apartments (hobby club, Duva, Ora Playa), so this time our choice was the hotel Sis Pins.
We were fairly familiar with its location having strolled past it many times, and often admired its quaint frontage. On arrival we were checked in by Victoria who was very welcoming and friendly. Our room was on the first floor (117) which has a sea view with balcony. The room size is fairly normal for any hotel, as is the bathroom. The main features i would remark on is that the room was spotless, the shower was good with loads of hot water, and for me, the view of the bay. I spent many a passing hour just sitting outside on the balcony watching the world go by. So relaxing. There is a TV in the room but we didn't have it on at all. Also, the complimentary bottle of wine is a nice touch and starts the holiday off on the right note.
Breakfast is served on the terrace. The choices are the usual cooked or continental which is more than adequate. They use local oranges for the fresh orange juice which is delicious and very moorish. All served up by very attentive and friendly waiting staff. I could have sat on long after we finished our breakfast just soaking in that morning sun.
Sis Pins has a private lounger/sunbathing area which leads to a small beach. There seems to be plenty of loungers with not too many being reserved. However we were there in May, so it may be busier going into high season.
The hotel is situated right on the pine walk, which is a quiet and delightful pedestrian walk way with a variety of numerous restaurants on one side and the sea on the other.
There is a weekly market every Wednesday in the square, but be prepared to haggle.
There was just one little niggle for us at Sis Pins. The hotel has sold the restaurant part of the business to Cappuccino, which I believe is a Spanish chain of cocktail bars/restaurants. It is very upmarket with very expensive cocktails, and seems out of context with the traditional style of the hotel. On our one and only visit we didn't find them very welcoming, which was in contrast to the way the hotel staff greeted you.
All in all we will return to Sis Pins which is is an excellent choice if your looking for relaxation and location, location, location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located opposite the beach and near the centre of the resort, the Hotel Sis Pins is without doubt one of the most charming hotels in Puerto Pollensa. British owned, our team of friendly, professional staff will ensure that you receive a warm welcome and are well cared for during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sis Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sis Pins Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Port De Pollenca
- Sis Pins Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain