“Must be one of if not the best in Puerto Pollensa”
Review of Hoposa Bahia Hotel

Hoposa Bahia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
“Must be one of if not the best in Puerto Pollensa”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The rooms have been refurbished and are bright clean and modern with air con and tv with 12 English channels. Not that you need the tv! Breakfast on the terrace is a real pleasure with cooked, continental, fruit and cereals as well as some local Mallorcan dishes. Only negative is the relative lack of speed of the coffee machine!
Had dinner on the terrace a couple of times; good choice and very good quality. The staff are exceptional and very attentive.
Of course the best part of the hotel is the location. Effectively on the beach and what a view!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for the time taken to share your experience at the Bahia with all other TA users. I'm delighted to know that you liked the refurbishment carried out this past winter as well as the meals we offer on our lovely terrace.
Last June we decided to change our coffee machine to improved the quality of our coffee, but I understand that the new machine it could seem a bit slow. This is becouse now each coffee is done with freshly grund coffee (10 seconds to grind a cup of coffee) instead of the tinned coffee we use to have.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just returned from Hoposa Bahia Hotel and would like to pass on my sincere thanks to everyone at the Hotel...wonderful location with a excellent restaurant with wonderful views across the bay,would highly recommend this to everyone..

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the hotel as the back is directly above the kitchen....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay wit us and we hope to welcome you in a near future.

Walsall
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Good hotel accommodation rooms clean and comfortable .Breakfast can be taken on the beach terrace with lovely views across the bay The breakfast was good with plenty of choice and the meal at the restaurant in the evening was very good.Overall we had a great stay here and would recommend this as a boutique style hotel with good service and great location rooms are basic but adequate.

• Stayed September 2012
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for the time taken to share your experience at the Bahia with all other TA user. We look forward to welcome you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights after staying at Sis Pins for a few nights. Both comparable in price which was fairly reasonable, but for a Sea View the price jumped up massively.
The room we had was modern and had a balcony facing inland towards the hills.
Situated along Pine Walk, right near restaurants and 'the main drag'.
The downside is there is no swimming pool (like most of the hotels) but I'm sure the sea being right on your doorstep is a consolation...
Can't really fault it, breakfast was top notch and you can sit at tables right in front of the beach whilst enjoying your 3rd helping (ahem) from the buffet.

Room Tip: Sea views are expensive.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the time taken to review our property on TA. I just hope you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from the Hotel Bahia and couldn't have asked for more. Very helpful and cheerful staff across the hotel. Fantastic food, a breakfast bar to die for! Dinnr on the terrace or beachfront, serving the freshest fish....delicious.
Will definately be bck as soon as possible, have seen this over the 25yrs we have been travelling to Peurto Pollenca and so glad we finally got to stay.

Room Tip: You pay more for a seaview and balcony, but worth every euro when you se the sun set over the bay!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review and fot the time taken to share your experience at the Hotel Bahia with all other TA users. I am delighted to know that the Hotel met your expectations and we look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Holywood N Ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in this convenient little hotel the first week in July 2013. We had a double room with a sea view & balcony on the second floor,which was a perfect level to be In! A lovely buffet breakfast eaten on the terrace right by the sea was just wonderful! We had stayed here before 5 years ago but the whole hotel has since been modernised & was so much more enjoyable & attractive this time!we will be back!
R& C

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor with a balcony & sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review and for the time taken to share your experience at the Bahia with all other TA users. I'm delighted that the room allocated meet your expectations as well as that you were able to enjoy the breakfasts right on the sea edge.

Hong Kong
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Hoposa Bahia Hotel and it was all in all a very pleasant experience. The location is lovely, the rooms are nice and clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. My only problem was that I had contacted the hotel a week prior to my stay and asked if I could get a room with balcony as I was travelling alone and was planning to spend my evenings reading on a balcony with a nice view. I had also made a comment about it during my booking. They explained that balcony was on request only but that most of the rooms with sea view had balconies and that they would take a positive note about my request. At my arrival it turned out that I hadn't been giving a room with balcony and it was not even mentioned at check-in. I found that a bit disappointing. At first there were nothing to do and I was again explained that it is not possible to reserve a room with balcony. I decided to find another hotel from the next day but after some time, the helpful receptionist found a solution because they have had a cancellation. I was very happy about this and afterwards enjoyed my stay very much. But I still wonder how other guests managed to reserve a room with balcony since the room was not available before the cancellation. And in the future, I will not book this hotel again unless they change policy on reservations. I'm happy to pay a premium price to get a room with balcony but not for a room with sea view without balcony. And I will not risk going a summer holiday where I do not know if I will get a balcony. But I appreciate that the hotel found a solution for me this time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Blibber
HoposaBP, Gerente at Hoposa Bahia Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us even taken into considerarion the problem you had with the balcony, which I would like to explain our situation with those rooms: The Hotel has 15 sea view room, 12 with balcony and 3 without, and as we do not guarantee the balcony booking a sea view room we receive a lot of requests from our guests to be allocated a room with balcony. When we allocate the rooms we check first the request and we give the rooms with balcony to those who have requested and if there are two requests for a balcony the same day but only one available then we check the booking date and we allocate the balcony to the one who has booked earlier.

The only way to guarantee a balcony is booking one of our two superior rooms, these rooms have balcony and seaview, and they can only be booked via our web site.

Once again thank you for your comments and I do hope this setback doesn't stop you booking the Bahia again

Yours sincerely