“Saturday night dinner”
Review of Osteria N15

Osteria N15
Reserve with
Osteria N15 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a lovely dinner here on Sat 6 Oct with my husband and daughter. We were greeted by a lovely young lady who showed us to a table and were then given menus by a friendly young man and were offered drinks. Staff very attentive.
My daughter had the risotto, my husband had the sea bass and I had half a chicken. All were excellent. I had not been feeling well so did not finish the chicken and the young lady came over to check that the dinner was all right. Explained why I had not finished my meal and was asked if I wanted a doggy bag to take it home. Nice touch. Puddings were very nice I had the apple tart which was delicious, and we had a nice bottle of wine which made the meal come in at €110. Well worth the money. There was also a jazz band playing at the next restaurant which also was nice. An elderly gentleman then stood up and sang a song which he seemingly does every week. Cheered on by all who were in the vicinity.
Would certainly recommend it to friends and family and will certainly go back when we are next in Puerto Pollensa.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I always came to this restaurant when it was in the hands of the previous owners and it was good. I decided to give it a go. I loved it, some beautiful courgette prawn and cream cheese amuse-bouche, Caesar salad to start followed by gnocchi that was almost as good as my nana's. What made my meal even better was that they sell one of my favourite ever wines, Jose L Ferrer rossado from Binissalem. I only just had room for the beautiful cheesecake. What makes this place so nice and special is not just the surroundings of the square and church but the quality of the restaurant is obviously high end fine dinning. The chefs are real Italian chefs and I love the fact that they have huge pictures of them on the wall with their specials. The staff are so polite and engaging and are a credit to the restaurant. I loved chatting with the owner too who found loads of time to make me feel welcome (as I was on my own) and we chatted about living in the area, which is a dream of mine. I never got her name but she is wonderful. I will be taking my parents and friends there hopefully in July/August next year and then taking my brother there in October, can't wait to eat here again. I would recommend to everyone as a must if your are in Puerto Pollensa.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ate here twice: once for lunch - superb pasta dishes with salad. Perfect Italian cuisine. Once for dinner - amazing meal! Perfectly cooked, presented and served. I would say the sea bass (one of my most favourite fish) I had here, is the best I have ever had - superb! A little more expensive than nearby restaurants, but far superior food and service and well worth paying a little more for - still good value. Brilliant 'front of house' welcome and very helpful, friendly staff. Ambiance, for inside and outside dining, very relaxed and comfortable. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We just came back from Pollensa and had the most wonderful meal at Osteria N. 15. The food was outstanding and the service exceptional. It was one of the highlights of our holiday and we can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is quite new and a very refreshing addition to restraunts in the square in the Port.

The maitre d', has come from El Guardina in the Old Town of Pollenca and is very experienced and well regarded.

The food however was inconsistant in quality on the occasions we visited. We had a good meal followed a few days later by a barely ok meal, mainly chewy and cold. We put this down squarly to teething.

The staff are well trained, attentive, helpful and professional.

The location is very buzzy with lots going on.

Value for money however is a different matter. Restraunts in the square are mainly priced at a 'value' level but N15 is pitching at a higher price than this and why not?. However it needs to live up to this by being the best.

Additionally and perhaps more importantly, Spanish vat is not included in the menu price so when you get the bill and normal tips are added, you would be paying about 20% more than the menue price. This makes it appear expensive and really is not a good feeling.

It is only a very, very few restraunts twho do this and makes on the spot price comparison complicated for most people.

As the vast majority of customers (if not all) have to pay the tax I cannot see why the restraunt could not be more up front about it!!!! (as pointed out it is mentioned in quite small print at the bottom on the menu but mainly goes un noticed).

Having said all this it is worth supporting particularly if the vat thing is amended.

3  Thank Ron W