“A great sailing experience around Pollenca Bay in Majorca”

Gran Atalaya Sailing - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and discover the most beautiful bay of Mallorca on a 70ft sailing boat. Gran Atalaya is the most popular sailing boat trip of Pollensa Bay. You will swim in the famous turquoise water on beautiful coves or only sailing and relax yourself.You can choose between:- Half day sailing (3 hours). We include typical appetizers and refreschments. You will enjoy sailing and swimming.- One day sailing (7 hours) with typical appetizers, refreshments and lunch. Sailing we will show you the bay and we will stop in differents coves for swim.You can also learn or practice some water sports (ski, weack board, donuts, fishing, snorkel, paddel-suf).It will be your best souvenir.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My daughter and I joined a day trip around the bay, where we enjoyed great views, a couple of swims and a good lunch and looked after by the Captain, Serge. It is a beautiful and solidly built sailing boat, apparently built in Kent, England back in the 1970s and purchased by a former British Ambassador to South Africa, who used it to sail around the world twice. Highly Recommended

2  Thank Raymond H

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had an excellent day aboard the Gran Atalaya on the occasion of a family celebration. Serge and Jan Jaap took well care of us and made sure we were comfortable. Two rounds of tapas were served in the morning; lunch was good, including nice Spanish wine, and there was plenty for everyone; coffee and chocolates were nicely served on a tray as we returned to port. The boat is beautiful with two masts and plenty of character; I would love to spend some time sailing in it. I enjoyed helping to hoist the main sail and being on the wheel for a bit. There was not much wind, so the boat felt really flat for the whole day, which was good as this was the first sailing experience for my Parents, who were talking about the boat for days after the trip ended. We visited several locations around Formentor and there was plenty of time to swim. I recommend the experience which I think is good value for the fee paid.

2  Thank Carmen G
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I think this is an excellent yacht charter for anyone looking to sail privately. Their sailing yacht is huge compared to any other yacht in their price range. Their is plenty of space to enjoy sun, relax, and lay down. There is also a big dining space outside which is a big positive in comparison to other yachts in the price range.
I sailed with them about 10 days back and it was a day my family and I will not forget for a long long time. Like many other charters which are operated by fancy owners and big companies, this is a yacht personally skippered by the owner himself(Serge). And since the owner is directly involved, Serge(owner) makes sure everything is perfect and very personalized. I had a fabulous day of sailing, swimming and snorkeling in the most beautiful bays and coves. Serge and even the Dutch captain on board was very polite, friendly and even had a great sense of humor(especially the Dutch Captain). I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with them. Even with the unusual request for vegetarian food, he delivered and did so very well and exceeded our expectations.
You just tell what you want and Serge delivers. I'll definitely go for it when I'm in Mallorca again and I certainly will not hesitate in recommending this to anyone. I wish all the best to Serge for his future.

3  Thank abh531
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having tried a couple of sailing trips from Puerto Pollenca we have to give topmarks to Gran Atalaya (a yacht originally built for a retiring British ambassador) and it's skipper Serge. There is plenty of space and shade for the number of people aboard, nice tapas and cold refreshments. Serge and his deckhand were polite, attentive and very positive. The fact that the outward and inward journey were both made under sail, as opposed to motor assisted, was a clear plus! Wold not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. Good luck to Serge and his plans for the Carribbean next winter!,

4  Thank JSM J
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A "must" to be done! An unforgettable day on board of this gorgeous sailing boat to relax and enjoy. Very professional crew, delicious meals and all kind of water activities ( water ski, scuba diving, fishing) to spend a magic day and remember this day forever!!!!

4  Thank 443Virginie44443