As a Pollensa Park regular for the last 22 years with over 35 visits I get pleasure from studying the reviews of clients on returning from their holidays in the hotel. Call me an anorak, if you must, but it is fascinating to see how others view the place that I think of as a second home because I have spent about 18 months of my life there. I do not hold the bragging rights for visits as many others have stayed far more times than I have over the last 40+ years. I wonder if anyone can beat the 44 times of a couple I met in the lift in September.
If each of the regulars drew a satisfaction graph over time, I am sure we would all have the highs and lows in the same place. The low point was spring 2012 at the end of a slow decline from credit crunch and volcano ash times following a plateau of almost universal satisfaction.
I wrote a review in April and headed it ‘What a difference a year makes’ since when I have regularly monitored the reactions of other reviewers. I do not know how Tripadvisor operates its scoring system but in April the number who gave a ‘thumbs up’ (I assume it to be those showing ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’ over a longish period of time) was given as 61%. It has now gone up to 71% but by comparing the tables in April and October it can be deduced that over 80% gave a ‘thumbs up’ during the season which has just ended.
It seems that most others share the conclusion that I came to that the hotel is getting back to its best. Perhaps it is already there.
I only noticed two ‘poor’ reviews this summer one; guest complained that the 35m long swimming pool was too small and was ice cold in July. The other considered that the dishes on offer at breakfast were always the same. Given that more variety is available daily than Heinz can offer, I wonder how things can be improved.
If you follow the hotel’s postings on Facebook, you will see that staff team building is now high on the agenda and with the hotel full or nearly full for most of the season, it is not surprising that staff/guest relations are recognised by most as being excellent.
With 3 visits booked for next year, I wonder if I will see you there. If you do come, I wonder whether you can spot a curled up puppy and a horse's head in the mountains across the bay when bathed in evening sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelling to Majorca and staying in the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a guaranty of comfort and relax. This spa hotel in Puerto Pollensa, on the north of the island, will allow you to relax and enjoy the best of this unique setting without worries: nature, beach, leisure areas, shopping, culture and endless plans at the shores of the Mediterranean. Are you looking for an active holiday in Majorca or a place where to rest with your family and escape from routine? With the refurbishing of the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA we have created a wide range of proposals for your holidays. Discover every detail of our All Inclusive services and all our accommodation options: only breakfast, half board plan and accommodation with pets near Pollensa beach. If you are a sports lover, do not hesitate. Book today your room in Puerto Pollensa with us. The FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA features a wide range of services specialised in cycling, running and wellness: from gym to spa centre, showcooking, tennis courts, parking for bikes, trekking routes, golf in the surroundings... Rest in recently refurbished and fully equipped rooms. Besides, make the most of your time with your children. Enjoy outdoor swimming pools, gardens, game areas... Relax under the sun while they spend their energy in the miniclub and discover the best gastronomy with your family. And if you are travelling as a group or you are a business that needs an adequate setting for meetings and events in Puerto Pollensa, the FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA is a refurbished 4-star hotel with a comfortable meeting room perfect for organising meetings and celebrations with success. Enjoy your holidays near Pollensa beach and Tramuntana. The hotel is open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollensa Park Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Pollensa Park Pollenca
- Hotel Pollensa Park
- FERGUS Style Pollensa Park SPA Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain