“Good value hotel”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked this hotel with my boyfriend on the low cost holidays website for a good price, with flights and transfers.
Slight dissapointment with room, as was on the ground floor with no balcolny or patio, and had a lot of noise from the A/C outside unit, so we kept the window closed at night. On a more positive note, the room and hotel was very clean. The breakfast was very good with a lot of choice, evening meal (buffett) was fairly standard but there were different dishes served every night so was some choice.
Overall hotel was very good value for money, has a lovely swimming pool and is in a good location near beach and centre of Port of Pollenca, which is a beautiful resort surrounded by mountains. Would recommend the nearby Palms bar, as the hosts are very friendly and entertainment is on every night if you wish to go out from the hotel.
For some sightseeing I can highly recommend a boat trip to the Cap de Formentor, which takes you to the stunning Formentor beach. If you want to see some more history, there is plenty to see at Alcudia and the old town of Pollensa is very nice (no English bars in sight). Both towns can be easily reached by regular buses from the Port of Pollenca. I would definitely return to the area, as this was the nicest location from the areas of Majorca I saw during my time there.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor with pool view
1 Thank HelenR10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Brandon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel many times before, we returned after a 2 year gap and are really disappointed in how its gone down hill. The food quality incomparable to what it used to be. If i wanted chips, and a selection of luke warm dried out meat or fish then there are plenty of grotty places in the UK that cater for that. I do not expect to pay good money after working hard all year to get very poor food. The staff are obviously unhappy and probably paid peanuts and as a result you get plenty of miserable faces from them and in some cases rudeness and a dont care attitude. Its such a shame, as the hotel is lovely, and very well situated. On a plus side, the rooms are fine and kept spotlessly clean, and a superb beach is just a stones throw away. I hope they fix the issues there as many people such as my wife and myself will vote with their feet. Sad really, but we wont return here until we see and hear these issues have been fixed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Skeetex
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We thought the room was spacious, but as with almost ALL Mediterranean accommodation, the twin beds are a bit of a let down for couples.We were on the 8th Floor facing the hills. It was a lovely view and we could also see the Marina.

Breakfast was the usual free for all, with a few hundred others, but after a bit of searching a table could be found as turnover was quite frequent. Only had bed & breakfast, so cannot comment any more about the restaurant.

A good location with a very decent restaurant (Golden Lion) opposite and typical British bars just a few meters away. We preferred to walk further into Pollensa Town, as we had been before and knew several good bars and restaurants.

Now my MAJOR critism - THE SPA
On our first day I (and others I spoke to) realised it was a disaster waiting to happen. On day 2 it did right in front of me. The ramp which you walk up to reach the spa pool, would be ideal as a ski slope (yes its that dangerous). I slipped myself, as even a railing is inadequate. There is NO grip on the surface whatsoever and a sign saying slippery is a joke, ITS A BLOODY SWIMMING POOL. An elderly lady fell as she walked down the slope, and hit the back of her head full impact on the tiles. I immediately requested ice to be applied to her injury to try and relieve her pain and inevitable swelling. This could have been far more serious.

NOTE TO HOTEL MANAGEMENT: Please make the spa pool ramp safe for the sake of your guests.

Room Tip: No problem with the room.
2 Thank Rich850
Sandbach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

just
Just returned from a weeks stay at Pollensa Park, never stayed there before always stayed on the front. The hotel is kept clean and the maids work hard on the rooms. Most staff were friendly, some on reception were not. Although there is plenty of food at dinner, I was disappointed as it was always cold and by mid week after trying various times of dining gave up and ate out at the Golden Lion which served delicious chicken. If I did go back to this hotel I would go Bed and Breakfast. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the beach and plenty of shops and bars near, or enjoy a nice walk into the centre.

Room Tip: higher floors with pool and sea view seem to get the sun all day
1 Thank GreenySandbach81
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Pollensa park. We have been to this hotel many times always half board. I have to say we were a little apprehensive this year because of the all inclusive option and the reviews we read prior to departure did not inspire us with any great optomism. However the service was as good as ever, the hotel was always spotless and there was little evidence of the frenzy at the bar. I understand that July and August may be a bit different but for us it was fantastic and would recommend the hotel to anyone. We found no evidence of grumpy staff indeed they we always helpful.Its a fantastic location the gardens immaculate and plenty of sunbeds, although the beach is so good we did not spend much time at the pool.

Fantastic!!!!!

1 Thank John B
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Even though I have stayed here 3 times previously I was a little concerned before I booked this time due to the negative feedback on this site. The last time I stayed here was in 2009 so lots can change I guess. However, worst case scenario I decided was that we would just go out to the local bars if the queuing for the drinks got too bad. I have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel and it was just the same as last time I stayed. Yes you did have to queue for drinks (averaqe time was about 7 mins) but this was because the hotel didn't put enough bar staff on. The one or two that were serving did a sterling job, the coffee is served at the same bar so that slowed things down somewhat. Most nights we just sat down and waited till the queue became smaller and then popped up to the bar. There was also a waiter or two walking around so we usually asked him for the top ups. The all inclusive wine was not good for me but my other half had no problems consuming a bottle a night! so not that bad after all.
You will not starve here! plenty of freshfruit for breakfast, 5 choices of evening meal protein and no less that 7 choices of dessert!
Plenty of room in the gardens for sun or shade, we didn't reserve any beds with towels (never do that anyway) and always got a nice space for the day.
Rooms were basic but exceptionally clean, the maids are fantastic.
Entertainment was ok, not to my taste but the hotel is big enough not to have to sit there and listen to it, if you choose not to as there is plenty of room outside in the evenings and they also have a room upstairs - the library - where you can sit and read, watch tv or play cards.
With regards to the staff, if you smile at them and are polite they do the same, I had no problems with the staff.
They have only been doing all inclusive for this year so it's trial and error I guess for a little while, they'll get there.
I filled in a hotel review form and mentioned the two points that could do with a bit of attention, more bar staff on the bar, and better wine. You never know it might be even better next year when we go back.

Room Tip: Its worth upgrading to a pool and sea view and then ask for a high floor
2 Thank Princess_Crystal
essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent months looking at this hotel on trip advisor after booking and almost changed hotel at the last minute do to the negative reviews!

well let me tell you I have travelled a lot and stayed in a lot of good and bad hotels and this one is a good 3* plus.

I asked for a high floor and got a lovely room on 6th floor overlooking the sea and side harbour view, the bathroom looked newly refurbished, good power shower and the room its self was kept clean with fresh towels and bed linen, flat screen tv on wall and plenty of storage.

We stayed all-inclusive and never felt any different than anyone eles, the only thing was the lunch time food, there wasn't many snacks, but the restaurant was just off from the pool and had a lovely spread with friendly helpful staff.

The drinks was in plastic glasses as they always are round the pools on any holiday we have done but of an evening you only had to ask for glasses and it was no problem at all. The beer was quite strong normally all-inclusive beer is very week do to people drinking it all day and the spirits were all so good not like fire water I have had in many countries.

We arrived after 11pm and was shown to the restaurant were there was a cold meal and fresh crusty bread laid out for us and we left early in the morning before the restaurant was open and again was let in to have a continental breakfast but there was also bacon and sausages, so we had a bacon sandwich before we left which I thought was excellent.

I don't know what people expect of a 3* hotel but I think this hotel with the help of its new manager is on the way to being a 4* good value for money and we will return

Room Tip: I would be happy to answer any questions on this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family