Stayed in the hotel Daine from 07th Sept – 21st Sept and loved every minute of it. We booked a superior room with wonderful views across the bay. These rooms do not get the sun in the late afternoon/evening, book side and back rooms if you want late afternoon sun on the balcony.
The hotel had been refurbished since our last visit several years ago and looked marvellous. The rooms were very comfortable with all the usual equipment and a furnished balcony. The fridge and safe were at no extra cost. Rooms can be different sizes and shapes so if you aren’t happy request a move which is what people did while we were there, the hotel will accommodate you if possible.
All staff were very friendly and always smiling. Entertainment was about 5 times a week split between the hotel bar and the pool bar across the paved walkway (no traffic allowed).
The pool & pool bar area were lovely both day and night. We never had any problem getting a sun bed but earlier in the summer may be more difficult. €20 deposit for a towel which you can change throughout your stay and get a refund at the end.
We were half board and I must say the food was very tasty both at breakfast and dinner.
This hotel is well situated on the Pine Walk at the front of the resort and everything is close at hand. The local buses were 3-4 minutes walk away and you could travel all over the island at very little cost. Alcudia & Pollensa old towns were two beautiful places. We also did a 2.5hour glass bottom boat ride around the north of the island which was lovely and the boat was about 7-8 minutes walk away.
All in all we would go back to this resort and hotel as we just loved it and would highly recommend both
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daina is the company's flagship establishment, and was the first hotel to be opened. It was built in 1963 and refurbished last year to become a four star hotel. The beautiful surrounding area can be fully enjoyed from any of its seven floors overlooking the bay. The incredible saltwater swimming pool with solarium opposite the hotel is set right into the sea and has been a landmark of Puerto de Pollensa since the 70s; this is one of the resort’s most spectacular sights, both during the day and at sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hoposa Daina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daina Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Daina Hotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain