Picked this hotel due to good reviews and it was good. We had paid the extra for a side sea view and I emailed the hotel before going to ask for a high floor and we were given one on the forth.The staff were the most friendly I have ever encountered. On arrival we checked in and were given a glass of cava whilst the lovely recepionist took our cases up to our room (I did ask his name unfortunately I have forgotten it - sorry). The room, whilst a little on the small side, was very clean with a very large and comfortable bed. The safe was free and after asking about using the mini bar as a fridge and enquiring about the cost was told that we could use it as a fridge at no extra charge. The breakfasts were excellent, however, we did get a bit fed up with the evening meal but other people didn't appear to have a problem with it so perhaps it was just us. Unfortunately the weather let us down. We had gone at this time of year to celebrate my birthday but the weather was not at it's best. We like to have one relaxing day by the pool and then a day sightseeing but it was couldy and windy making sunbathing not a very nice experience. On the days when we could sunbathe the pool bar was being re-assembled and whilst you could go across the road to the hotel bar it meant that all your belongings went with you. It was a pity that the pool bar had not been refurbished during the 'off' season, however, our stay was end May beg. June so it is probably working now. As mentioned the staff were all very friendly and the bar staff soon got to know our preferences in the drinks department and gave me the alcholic drink and my husband the non alcholic one. On arriving back home I discovered that I had left a gift bag with gifts in so I emailed the hotel in the hopes that it had been discovered and sure enough it had and they kindly sent on to me by post. It was so good to know that the staff were not only friendly but honest as well. I had stayed at an hotel in the UK and left my travelling alarm clock on the bedside table but was told by the hotel that it had not been found so I was very grateful to receive my birthday gifts from the hotel Daina.
Would we go back to this hotel, yes, if put in another resort as unfortunately we were not impressed with Puerto Pollensa but that may have been due to the bad weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Daina is the company's flagship establishment, and was the first hotel to be opened. It was built in 1963 and refurbished last year to become a four star hotel. The beautiful surrounding area can be fully enjoyed from any of its seven floors overlooking the bay. The incredible saltwater swimming pool with solarium opposite the hotel is set right into the sea and has been a landmark of Puerto de Pollensa since the 70s; this is one of the resort’s most spectacular sights, both during the day and at sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hoposa Daina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daina Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Hoposa Daina Hotel Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain