My husband and I have just spent a lovely week staying in one of the Habitat apartments. We were there as part of an organised cycle training camp and while my husband enjoyed himself with friends I spent a very relaxing week by the pool along with another wife. This is our second time at. The Habitat in as many years and we are hoping to return next year. The apartments are basic but very clean and I love the back enclosed laundry room attached to each apt. There is a wonderful deep sink with scrubbing area and line for hanging. This is all you really need for a week or 2 and with a cyclist it's perfect for him to wash and dry his kit each evening after a long hot ride.
We had 2 bedrooms so our children could have come if they wanted. As it was he used it as a dressing room so all the cycling gear was out of my way! Perfect.
We had full use of the facilities at the Duva gym and Spa but I suspect this was part of the cycling camp arrangement. We were also on half board which allowed us to have breakfast and dinner at the Duva each day. The choice of food here is huge and always very fresh. The only real negative is the coffee machine. While it makes okay coffee as machines go, there is always a huge queue so you either have cold coffee and hot food or hot coffee and cold food. The cooking facilities in our apartment were a 2 burner electric hob, electric kettle and toaster. There is a fridge of course and plates, bowls, cups, glasses, cutlery etc for 4+. Several saucepans and a frying pan. Plenty of storage as well for your groceries. The Spar across the road is handy and has nice fresh bread each day and an Eroski supermarket is at the next roundabout towards the port, about a 10 min. walk. Taxis are available very quickly if you're not up for the walk and have a minimum charge of €5 which will get you down to the port. Market day is Wednesday and will keep you occupied for the morning quite nicely. There is a much bigger market in Pollensa old town on a Sunday. Taxi here was €8 I think.
The pools at the Habitat are large and lovely. I noticed there is a chair lift in the 2 we were at so I guess this would be handy for older or differently-abled people. There is a bar beside the main pool for drinks and food at lunch and dinner time. Unfortunately they stop serving from 3 to 6 in the afternoon and as my husband generally returned from his rides around 3 each day that was a problem. One day we were both dying for chips at 3:30, not realising that it was gone time and they were kind enough to make them for us, with a smile as well.
We were very lucky with the weather for this early in the year. Sun all day and temps in the mid 20s. It was the same in 2012.
All in all I think this is good value for the price and am really looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equiped one and two rooms apartments with pool view. Big gardens area with lakes, pools, solarium and kids zone with club. Full service restaurant with daily menu and bar. Cleaning service included. Reception 24 hrs with all services. Free wifi. AACC included in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartments Habitat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Habitat Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Apartments Habitat Pollenca
- Apartments Habitat Hotel Pollenca
- Habitat Apartments
- Apartments Habitat Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain