“Fabulous Holiday”
Review of Aparthotel Flora

Aparthotel Flora
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here from the 10th-22nd June. You can see the beach from the front of the hotel just a couple of minutes walk away. The hotel was very clean, our rooms were cleaned every day except Sunday and everyone was so friendly. We stayed bed and breakfast, the room was very spacious and clean and looked onto the swimming pool. Everything you would need in the kitchen including tea towels. Don't bother bringing a hair dryer the one in the bathroom was very good. I took my own and never used it. Breakfast on a morning included full english, cold meats and cheese, youhurts, fruit juices and fruit. Everything was freshly cooked and extremely pleasant. The staff were wonderful, the pool area was cleaned every day which is why the beds are not unlocked until 9 o'clock which stopped the early birds putting towels down. The only downside was there were only 5 shades around the pool so you needed to be there pretty quick if you needed one. The beach is only a few mintues walk away and we were amazed how quiet it was, in fact it was quieter at the beach than it was round the pool at times. The air-con worked but it wasn't cool enough for me so I was given an electric fan to put in the bedroom. Will definately return to this hotel if we visit Majorca again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking onto the swimming pool as some rooms look onto the road
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Julie C

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent 2 weeks at the Flora. Booked 3 weeks before and limited choice as my husband needs accomodation to be on the ground floor so we were a bit apprehensive.
Lovely welcome when we arrived and a clean well presented apartment serviced nearly every day. Staff throughout couldn't do enough for you.
Simple but adequate food in the restaurant but we were room only so were able to eat out in town which is a 5 minute stroll away as well as the lovely beach.
Quite a number of children using the pool but this didn't detract from our enjoyment.
We had a wait until the middle of the afternoon for return transport to the airport and there is an apartment with clean towels etc. offered free of charge for freshening up.
We would definitly return to the Flora.

Room Tip: There are no lifts and the apartments blocks are 3 storeys
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a fabulous holiday to Port de Pollensa. My husband and myself and our 2 boys, aged 10 and 6 stayed at the Flora for 2 weeks. I would highly recommend this complex. It's in an ideal location, 5 mins walk to the beach and to the square and shops. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The lady who cleaned our room was lovely and she left fresh towels every day. The apartment complex is spotlessly clean. There was a lovely girl called Michaela who played table tennis, pool, French bowls with the children and she kept them busy in pool every day for a half hour doing aqua aerobics which they both really enjoyed. She also had a mini disco for the little ones every evening at 8.30 and there was bingo on afterwards. On a couple of the nights there was live entertainment. Overall, my family really enjoyed our holiday to the Flora and look forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank alisongbyrne
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here in the recent May half term. We were 3 adults and 4 children so we had two apartments.

Although very basic, it was clean and the staff were very helpful. It was good value for money and in a fantastic location just 3 mins from the beach. It had a conveniently situated supermarket just across the road for sundries too.

If I had once criticism, the shower head was on its last legs and the bathroom did smell of drains on occasions. I did tell the hotel staff about the smell and they did what they could to address it.

I would re-visit.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, ask to be away from the swings/sand play area as could be a little noisy at nig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Deborah R
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife,young son,mother-in-law and I had a lovely week long stay in these appartments and would all love to get back sooner rather than later.The room was comfortable and adequate in size and the grounds and pool were comfortable too and kept clean at all times with friendly staff and cool but enjoyable pool.It is a 5 minute walk from the seafront with a few grocery shops close at hand.The resort was lovely too,very child friendly too and restaurants and vino reasonably priced as well so as I said we would all love to get back and will be looking at the Flora Appartments when it comes to booking time

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamigliaGreer
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here in May and paid a very reasonable price for an apartment. It came with a small kitchette which was adequate, although I would have loved an oven. My main criticism would be there were no sharp knives supplied. We had to make do with the bread knife for everything, which is not ideal. The beds were comfortable, but the sofa beds were just foam mattresses, so I probably wouldn't suggest having adults on them. Anyone with a bad back would regret it! We had a tiny balcony which was a pity, as we might have spent more time on it otherwise, but it wasn't the end of the world. We spent most of our time out of the apartment anyway. Apartments in the middle of each block, rather than the corner apartments, had bigger balconies.The only other small issues were the pool was so cold I couldn't swim in it and you had to pay for wifi. Maybe I'm spolied in Ireland where wifi is provided free wherever it's available, but I thought this was a bit cheap. Also if you tried to use the wifi in your room instead of in the main lobby, the signal kept dropping. The staff were very friendly though. All in all, although I've listed some criticisms, the price was so good, I shouldn't really complain and we still had one of the best holidays we've ever had. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool with a big balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tripovermyowntwofeet
daniel p, Director General at Aparthotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

We hope tthat we have given you a wonderful holidays and we wish to see soon

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 11 nights mid May and despite disappointing weather, had a very enjoyable stay. As a family of four with two young children (aged 4 years and 10 months) we found the location perfect - less than 5 minutes walk to the lovely beach and numerous restaurants. The accommodation is basic but clean and newly decorated. The communal areas farewell maintained and clean and our room was cleaned and New towels provided every other day. There are no lifts which may have proved difficult with a pushchair but as we had a ground floor apartment this was not a problem for us. I imagine the pool area may feel very crowded in peak season but was fairly quiet during our stay ( due to the weather on several days). It is not my thing but my son loved the mini disco in the evening. I would love to return to Puerto pollensa and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013