This hotel was great. Very clean - food is AMAZING, plus in the restaurant in the evening, you pay 3 euros per person for as many drinks as you like in the restaurant.
The pool area was the problem for us. Now dont get me wrong, i love kids, but there was no respite from the constant inflatables in the pool and screaming and splashing (The sticking point for me was thr 10 year old telling his sister that he was weeing in the pool) In the main pool, there is 'grease megamix' style music played all day, then again from 8.30pm, which when you are having your dinner in the restaurant , is a little grating. This was the main reason we didnt sit at that pool at all, the other being that most of the sunbeds were warped by the heat so not very comfortable to sit on anyway. The other smaller pool is much quieter, and has a small kids pool attached, but here there was no escape from the blow up boats and kids with water pistols, on quite a few occassions, adults were swimming in the KIDS pool because the adults pool was teeming with kids!! Im not being snobby about children, it is probably perfect for families, but I dont understand why it shouldnt function to cater for couples also. Very simply, by having the quiet pool adults only? When we arrived there was an electrical problem in our room so we were put up in a deluxe apartment fro a night, which was gorgeous! and on top of that, got a free massage to boot!! in the smaller apartment we had a few problems with ants in the bed but this was always sorted by staff very quickly. The slighlty annoying problem with the room was that there were plasic waterproof sheets on the bed which wasnt very pleasant. I would recommend to ask for a view of the mountain as opposed to the pool/restaurant because it is constant music all day and night until 12am. We hired bikes from reception most days and biked the 10 mins to Puerto Pollensa, we also walked it a lot, and never found it difficult. You can get a bus outside the hotel if you prefer, which either goes to Pollensa Old Town, Cala San Vincenc and Peutro Pollensa. I would strongly recommend a visit to the Old Town, it is a magical place, and the Sunday Market is fantastic to people watch with a coffee. We also got the bus to Alcudia old town which is delightful but the beach isnt really worth bothering with, full of KFC, Pizza Hut and Burger Kings (unless you like that kind of thing obviously!) plus the view from Alcudia beach is of a power station! Puerto Pollensa has a lovely beach, and great resturants and cafes.
The staff at the hotel were incredible, we hired bikes and cycled 12km to Alcudia, where i discovered 2 flat tires, i called the hotel who promptly sent someone down to pick up my bike and offered to replace it or give us a lift back no questions asked it was great of them to do that. The hotel is very nice in itself, the building is fresh and clean and the sporting facilities are great.
Next year the hotel are including an all-inclusive option with Thomas Cook, so I imagine this will solidify this as a kids-club type hotel which for us is a shame because its in such a relaxing environment. I did very much enjoy my time there but I wasnt aware just how child-orientated it was. I feel this should be specified on the tour oporators websites that it is dedicated to kids really (as i am pre-kids) these are the types of hotels I usually avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aparthotel Duva Convention & Spa Center is located in the town of Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. The sandy beach with shallow waters and clean sands is under a mile away from the Duva Pollensa Aparthotel. Puerto Pollensa, which has plenty of shops, boutiques, cafes, bars, restaurants and places for a great nightlife is only 850 metres from the complex. The Duva Aparthotel offers a chilled out atmosphere, which is ideal for those looking for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of home life. Cyclist 4 Star complex with security, repair, storage and bike cleaning facilities, washing machine & drier. Professional bike hiring. Cycling & routing backup services & Cycle excursions. Training camps 7 & 14 days. As a complement of our facilities services, we offer you the opportunity succeed in the organization of your own important events. 3 Multifunctional rooms endowed with the most advanced technology and in one of the best evironment of the north side of Majorca. Open from February till November, Come and Enjoy!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Aparthotel Duva & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Duva Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Duva And Spa
- Hotel Aparthotel Duva
- Aparthotel Duva & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain