We stayed at the playa mar hotel with our two boys (aged 6 & 8) from late July to early August for 10 nights.
We were met upon check in at 11.30am with fruit & cava & then told we could not access our apartment until after 6pm due to other guests booking late check outs (apparently via Thomson). It was eventually 9pm when we gained access. We were later told by the Thomson rep that any delay after the 6pm deadline was down to the hotel despite the hotel being put in the predicament by Thomson accepting payment for the late check outs on point of booking in the UK. We were not alone in this situation as I believe up to 4 families had the same issue. We were given lunch (on Thomson), dinner (on the hotel) and a safety deposit box after haggling, the spa was offered to us by the hotel for showers but we found it locked up when we tried to use it, though the manager did sort this out for us. I don't want this to reflect on the hotel (or its staff) as it was Thomson who have taken payment twice for the same apartments. We will be in touch with Thomson management in the near future with regards to the situation we found ourselves in.
Once in and settled we found the hotel and the resort to be fantastic. We did upgrade from self catering to half board on some days and found the breakfasts and dinners to be excellent quality, there was always a good variety and the staff helpful and cheerful all of the time, our youngest turned six while we were there and the staff went out of their way to make his day special, in particular Tolo and Donna. The resort is beautiful and we had a few evening meals out of the hotel. The pine walk is a must and the little beaches along it are great.
Some reviewers have commented on problems with air conditioning, we had no issue as long as both balcony doors were closed. If you want it to operate while out so you come back to a cool room you will need an additional key to leave in the slot (if removed the electricity to the apartment is cut off). Our room was cleaned daily, the kitchen though small was adequate.
The sun bed situation is a little out of control, on our first full day we walked through the pool area on the way to breakfast at 8am and noted all beds taken up with towels, though a number are left chained up until after 10am.
The entertainment was good for the kids though a little repetitive, we found our kids spent most of the evenings in the play park next door rather than the by the stage area.
The water slides and the swimming pools are excellent and were a huge hit with our kids, the Thomson staff worked hard throughout out the day keeping people entertained, the crab slide was a big hit with our youngest.
All in all this was a great holiday marred slightly by the check in issue at the start. This aside we would stay here again as the staff make this a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain