just returned today after spending last 2 weeks at Playa Mar. Great hotel, really friendy staff, we even had the cleaners waving our coach off when we left. All the staff were always very helpful.Good pool, bit of a walk into the main town though. Although stayed self catering did have brekkie there a few times, and although quite steep at 10 euros pp there was a lot of choice and could eat as much as you wanted which meant it kept us going until the evening.
Only 2 criticisms for the hotel, 1 being the music in the evenings, it was far too loud for younger children. it was deafening inside the venue and even sat outside was difficult to hear or hold a conversation. We travelled with 2 children, one child is 5 and he was holding his hands over his ears, the other child is 14 months old and started crying when ever we went into the venue so had to sit outside anyway. It doesnt need to be that loud! By the way im in my 30s and still into the clubbing scene so not an old fuddy!
2nd criticism is the sunbeds. i saw a post on here earlier about reserving sunbeds. Unfortunately i was one of the culprits (if you cant beat them then join them). i found myself having to get up at 5.45am to reserve sunbeds, and still there were not many left around the baby pool at that time.leave it any later than this and you have no chance. i dont like it, i dont like doing it but i cant see what anyone can do to stop it. If they do stop people doing it and ask them to wait until 9am when the pool opens then there will be a queue and mayhem of people running, hurding and tripping over their flipflops trying to get a sunbed. may even be a few punch ups, which come to think of it may be better entertainment than layed on in the evenings.
Apart from this the hotel was excellent and would definately recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain