The Playa Mar is a perfect family holiday for relaxing with young children. The hour long transfer from the airport is a bit tedious but Puerto Pollensa is a resort well worth the journey. We have just returned from a fantastic weeks holiday with our 4 year old and 16 month old. Only booked a week as weren't sure how the children would cope with the heat, but wish now we had booked longer. Cava on arrival, amazing friendly helpful staff (the manager actually carried all our suitcases to our room!) and spotless accomodation. The rooms can get quite hot but as we stayed on the top floor we left doors open all day to let the breeze through and then let the air con do it's (albeit minimal) thing at night. You do have to make sure the doors (and window if you are on an end room like we were) are closed tight to make sure the air con works. The buffet style restaurant was fantastic with a huge and different choice every day and a separate little buffet bar for the children with 'simpler' dishes. Chocolate fountains every night went down well too! The pools are lovely and clean and the slides are lots of fun for the kids (the crab slides are great for adults too!) but they are a bit cold. You do adjust to them quicker on a really hot day but it would have been nicer if they were a little warmer. It took the kids about 10 mins to get accustomed and get under the water. There are a lot of sunbeds but if you want any right by the pools you do have to head down pretty early in the morning with a towel to reserve them (despite the hotel notices stating you shouldn't do it). Thomson the dog's appearances were thrilling for the kids, but for a large company, we thought the evening routine could have been a little more polished and Thomson doesn't stay on stage for long.
Puerto Pollensa is a beautiful resort and the choice of little sandy beaches or the bigger stretches of sand are perfect for little ones. The clear blue water and the backdrop of the mountains make a beautiful scene. Lots of cafes and restaurants along the front, would recommened Little Italy but you do need to make a reservation, sometimes a couple of days in advance. To get to the start of these seafront restaurants along the pine walk is about a 20 minute walk (or 30 mins if your little ones are on foot) so make sure you don't need to get anywhere in a hurry. A beautiful walk though. Alternatively the hotel can get a taxi within a couple of minutes and it only costs 5 euros to get the centre of the town by the marina.
The best holiday I have had in a long time and am already browsing the internet to see what prices are for later this year if not next!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain