“amazing for young families!”

Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Port de Pollenca
“amazing for young families!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

this place is great for young families older teens may not be as impressed. the place has such a safe, homely and welcoming feel too it makes holidays with baby not as daunting. we stayed September 28th for a few days with our children 3 and 16months after moving from lagotel which is a terrible first choice hotel. the pine walk is beautiful and the centre has a Chinese with children's play area and food amazing. a lovely cafe and next to some ride on rides so little ones can play while you have a coffee over looking the sea. the beach perfect for little ones. seriously can't rate this place high enough. we have stayed Thomson family resort before in the bonnaire and that was great I would say better for older ones and the playa mar better for young ones. trying the tenerife one in may but hope to return here in early September and the bonnaire in another couple of years.thanks Thomson family resorts!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank sorrento009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Myself and my family stayed here for 1 week in may 2011, our first actual "Package Holiday" with thomson, and i have to say the Playamar is Superb, 1st class all the way, swimming pool was amazin my 4yr old loved the crab, as did i........ lol.

I have no Complaints about the hotel at all, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, and we spent a lot of time in the hotel, because port de pollenca, has some wonderful views, the pine walk is especially lovely, and the sea-plane was always and attraction, however it felt like "gods waiting room" it was a very quiet resort, to quiet for us, we are not rowdy people, but do like a little spark of life on holiday, day tripped to alcudia and palma to get away from the hum-drum nothing happening little town, however i will say if you are stayin in alcudia, visit port de pollenca, its a lovely place to visit for a day, but not for a week, luckily our hotel was the dogs, and it always gave us something to do, we were self catering eating out here is expensive, but worth the money, so keep that in mind, all inclusive may be a great option, you can add that at the hotel when you arruve for 30euros a day for adults and 15euros for kids, but you must book all of your party, you cannot do individuals, which is a pain as 2 kids of 4 and 6 months wont get the benefit.

Room Tip: Poolside 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Hairydug
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Overall a great family hotel. Good swimming pools, kids clubs, spa, and kids playground. Just a couple of points, its a long walk into town for shops, restaurants, big supermarket and main beach when you have little ones (around 30 mins) Thompson kids reps friendly and welcoming, more so at this one than the Bonaire. Very busy during school holidays- not enough umbrellas for the sun beds- and they failed to close the pool for the full 24 hours when a child was sick in the pool. Our kids caught a sickness bug but only for 24 hours. Puerto Pollenca is a lovely resort and not as built up as others in Majorca. Apartments are lovely and kept very clean, sofa beds bit uncomfortable, but spacious apartment designed to high standards with good air con and lots of storage. Reception staff very helpful, good selection of food at restaurant . Kids loved the playpark and the watersides. Overall good family hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor means you can hear the people in the apartment above. Noise from evening shows finishes...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Caroline141
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We booked this last minute for our family of 3, being me, boyfriend and 6 month old son. The hotel was very accommodating to arrange a cot in the room for my son, and was arranged via email, direct with the hotel. No problems whatsoever. We were even given a room on the ground floor which was easier for our pram.
The hotel itself is lovely. Set out in a "square" with the pools in the middle. All of the pools are child friendly and even my 6 month old got to use the pool and loved it with the slides and big bright friendly characters. There were lots of families there, and all of the children had a ball. They have free wifi in the reception, which was cool and comfortable to sit in. There is a large theatre style entertainment area which holds the entertainment, although we didn't stay for this in the evening, but it looked good when we caught the end on our return. The first full day there it rained heavily and they happily accommodated by putting the football on the big screen (for the football fans amongst us), whilst they had the daily children's entertainment. Both parents and children were happy and the day passed, even though it rained. They also have a gorgeous spa and indoor pool area which was finished to a very high standard.
We stayed self catering as we wanted to take advantage of what PP had to offer. We ate one of the buffet meals on our first day, as it poured down, and it was quite average for All Inclusive. I would have to say I would be disappointed if I had paid for that all week. The self catering apartments were extremely spacious. Lots of room in the bedroom for us and the cot, and a separate lounge area so we could relax in a separate room without waking the baby. The kitchen area had everything we needed, except a kettle, but we asked for one, and we got it no problem and the rooms were always cleaned thoroughly.
Venturing out of the hotel was so easy and one of the highlights of the holiday. Do not pay any attention to people who complain and moan of the walk into town. Unless you obviously have walking difficulties, the 20 minute stroll into town was breathtaking and such a pleasure. The views were amazing as the hotel is situated at the top of "pine walk". We would walk into town and back every evening and it was so refreshing and enjoyable. Even with a pram over the cobbles was fine and my son slept throughout. We didn't have one bad meal and every single restaurant was gorgeous and so reasonable. Only problem is the baby changing facilities. There isn't any and I found myself changing my baby on the benches along the beach front!! But no one mind!
I would highly recommend this as a family holiday hotel and destination. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating and child friendly. Even the street sellers are kept to a minimum and restricted to the same area and do not enter the restaurants.
I would definitely return to this hotel, but would keep to SC.

Room Tip: I think we were lucky on the room because we had a child, but they were extremely accommodating with...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank taysturg
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my first ever trip to Spain and infact my only 3nd trip abroad as i have always been to scared to fly.
This holiday was initially booked for my gran and auntie but unfortunatly my auntie was taken ill at last minute and as my gran is in her late 70's i was worried about her travelling abroad alone so decided to takle my fears, if a 78 year old can fly surely a 27 year old could tackle it too.
The Hotel was so welcoming ffrom the miute we arrived with a friendly receptionist and travel rep greeting us, after a few miutes our keys was ready for our rooms.
our rooms was clean and fresh bedding was on all our beds. we upgraded from self catering to full board for only a small suppliment and with this we got bed breakfast and evening meal.
the food at the hotel was "out of this world" with such a wide variety of frresh food many of which is cooked to order in front of you.
at night the entertainment was very family orientated with kids entertainment first and then a live act afterwards.
as i said before My gran is 78 and was the entertainment was suitible for her and then when she went bed about 9 the club was still open but didnt disturb her, night entertainment finished in the club about 11, but if you was looking for a bit lively entertainment like myself the local town is only a ten minute strole away and on the route there are several small bars so you can do a little bar crawl if you want and when you have had enough entertainment for the night a local taxi home from town is only a few euros.

i would highly reccomend this hotel to anybody who is looking for a nice holiday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
south wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

stayed middle october for weeks self catering - would go AI next time. staff very good and helpful especially when my husband fell in bed room and sebastian - reception - came and helped him to bed. 3 euros for pint lager and 2 euros for small bottled water. i bought 5 litre bottle and decanted! did try food in restaurant think it was 15 euros and food was good - choice for everyone. we enjoyed the local entertainment - the soul act, magician, flamenco/salsa group. its good for families going all inclusive because there are no shops nearby and everything you want food/drink wise is at hotel. small shop outside which caters for "forgotten things" like adapter plug etc. room was clean and plenty of room, maids efficient. but we had to wait to change to more wheelchair friendly room cos of mistake in booking. i note from previous review, it was written we had to wait to book in and were offered fruit and fizz. i think is the norm because i saw it on few occasions when people booking in. its no hardship, you can leave luggage at back of reception - but keep an eye on luggage though someone pinched ours and i had to lug 2 suitcases and hubby plus wheelchair to our room. the pinewalk was not suitable for hubbys wheelchair - would need 4 x 4 wheels. i did do the walk on few days we had of sunshine and it was nice stroll into nearest town. disabled taxis are available but need to be booked half hour or more in advance. 5/6 euros to pollensa from hotel. 75 euros to airport. we would visit again but stay all inclusive. p.s. i hope the person who kept our mosquito plug didnt get bitten

Room Tip: studio room if you have walking and lower floors are quite noisy from people floors above
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Biggin hill, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have holidayed in this area of majorca nearly all my life. We usually book direct at nearby 4+star hotels & get flights independently. Having recently been on a very expensive holiday in August, I thought I would book Playa Mar and use it as a base for my sons half term. I opted for all inclusive.
What can I say...the staff were great, Donna (head waitress in restaurant) looked after us from the start. The rooms are lovely with flat screen tv, small kitchen, large balcony. The food was absolutely fantastic (and I am fussy) and we loved it so much that we didnt want to eat out!
Entertainment team were fab, with something for everyone from quizes to water polo but without being in your face.
Playa Mar is situated at the far end of the Pine walk 5 mins away and walking distance to Puerto Pollensa.
We had a lovely holiday and cannot fault a thing, met some great people and I for one will definately be returning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 32 in Port de Pollenca
Viva Zafiro Alcudia & Spa
Viva Zafiro Alcudia & Spa
#6 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa? Share your experiences!