I booked my holiday with Thomson and stayed at the Aparthotel Playa Mar in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca, with my husband and 8 year old son from 31st March to 14th April 2012, on a half board basis. We were accompanied by my mother and father who occupied the neighbouring apartment.
The accomodation had recently been refurbished, was clean, fresh and adequately furnished, with a large flat screen TV providing all the main UK channels. The kitchen area was very small and although we never used it, other than for making tea, I could imagine it being somewhat a challenge preparing a meal.
We had furnished balconies with a nice view of the nearby mountain range. That is my parents did, as my view was obstructed by a large tree immediately outside.
The whole complex was extremely tidy and well laid out, with large outdoor swimming pools (very cold at this time of year). The splash pool areas were a great hit with my son, as was the play area, where he made many friends.
They also had a new development, which consisted of the entertainment area, complete with bar and friendly bar staff, including welcoming prices ( 4 euros for a bottle of wine). Below ground level was a spa including an indoor swimming pool, jacuzze, steam room, sauna which was free to use except for paying 2 euros for your swimming caps! My reservation about this was that the pool was quite deep, without any shallow end or signs of the actual depth. It could also benefit from having an attendant to keep an eye on the more boisterous swimmers.
Although the hotel is advertised as a Thomsons Family Resort, because it was before the 1st May, there was no Thomson staff or activities available, other than the visiting Thomson Rep. However, the hotel did provide four evenings of entertainment with duo singers, magicians, acrobats and flamenco dancers, which we all enjoyed. We also benefitted from the fact that an entertainments group called Animacion Fun Club were using the hotel as their pre-season training base. They provided us with various games and activities during each and every day, together with two extremely professional musicals in the evening (one each week). They made our holiday and for which we wish to thank them all very much . My son took a particular shine to Kirsty.
The dining room was clean, bright and comfortable, providing a plentiful buffet of good quality food and presentation. We dined extremely well, although I must say that some evenings we found the cooked meat or fish not always to our liking. It tended to be somewhat bland and overcooked. The breakfasts were great.
We found the restaurant staff very friendly and helpful and wish to thank Donna and Jose in particular for looking after us (nothing was too much trouble).
There is a very small convenience shop immediately outside the hotel entrance, which was both useful and cheaper than most shops in town.
The location is perfect with just a three minute walk to the beach and a beautiful scenic view of the bay around Puerto Pollensa. The coastal Pine Walk offers views, sandy coves with many restaurants and cafes on the way to town.
My son said that it was the best holiday ever and I would be more than happy to visit again at this time of the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain