The Playa Mar is a great hotel and with the changes that were made this year I think has definitley moved up a notch from previous visits which were great anyway. The hotel is really friendly, the staff are excellent, the pools were great and with the crab slide added this year, there is more sunbed space whilst still having the facilities to keep the kids interested and entertained. Also new this year was the dedicated entertainment building which provided the setting for all the entertainment and had a big screen for sporting events. This also provided a sun awning for the bar area for that needed break from the midday sun. This will also get a Spa for next year in the basement of this building which looks great when we got a sneaky peek.
Pine walks is great really pretty and tranquil location, there is a great mixture of resturants and some bars with a couple of clubs for the older ones. The prices vary but can be expensive although there are some good bargins out there too.
We went self catering and this meant we had to pay for drinks whilst at the hotel, these were somewhat expensive but there were no problems with bringing our supermarket bought drinks into the pool or bar area so this cost can be controlled, there was no rules on only hotel bought stuff which was great. Eating in the hotel was a nice break from the pretty high prices in some of the pine walks resturants. The selection of food was good and always refreshed daily, most of the food is prepared in front on you so that gave us confidence it was fresh and whilst nothing leaped out is was tasty and filling and we went away happy. They also arranged a cake for my sons birthday which was good and again showed the helpfulness of the staff.
All in all we had four families at the Playa Mar, one of which had been before and we all thought it was a great holiday and would very much recommend this for any family.
If you go with thompson as we did, Dont go on the arrranged water park visit arrange it through the hotel yourself direct, choose a day the arranged visits are not running and it will work out cheaper. Also Pirates is excellent would very much recommend this for adults and children, go for the quarterdeck seats though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This complex in Puerto de Pollensa (Majorca) is surrounded by the natural beauty of Majorca's Northern coast. The excellent facilities offer fun and sports activities for the most demanding families. Disconnect at Playa Mar and get ready for your best holiday ever! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Port De Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Pollenca
- Aparthotel Playa Mar Hotel Pollenca
- Playa Mar
- Aparthotel Playa Mar & Spa Majorca/Port De Pollenca, Spain