“awful”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We passed this restaurant a couple of times and it looked busy, slightly off the main street. We thought we might just have discoved somewhere a bit 'special' so we gave it a go. I went at the end of August with my wife and children (8 & 6).

It was (e)specially awful.

I really dont want to be personal, but the two waitresses (I presume daughters of the English owner ?) were not great. One in particulary was just plain awful start to finish. She had no idea of the menu, was generally unhelpful, threw the food at us etc. The other girl had a better positive attitude but seemed to have little experience of waitressing.

We sat in a table in a corner and amused ourselves with noting how bad the service was and also by watching the line of ants that was coming in and up the wall around us. Oh and my chair was impossible to get even a little bit level due to the badly damaged tile floor.

The food itself was poor (at best). My wife had a tomato / mozarrela to start salad which was swimming in a cm or so of oil on the plate - she couldnt eat it. My food (or my kids) was little better throughout.

They only had three wine choices (red, white, rose) - this could have been made a virtue if it was excellent stuff - but it wasnt.

Honest, I am used to some mixed experiences when eating out abroad and I really try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt and see the positive side of things.

However on this occasion, we couldnt wait to leave.

1  Thank Daniel R

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My parents go here when they visit Mallorca each year and know the British owner quite well. They fitted us in although they were busy and the food is mallorcan type cuisine and fairly well priced.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a couple of tapas and some wine. Nice venue. Did not have a full meal as we only visited as part of the Thursday night tapas tour

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Like many of the other reviews we have been there many times in the past and it has always been one of our favourites. But OMG how it has changed. It was virtually empty at 9pm, extremely unusual. The waitresses looked like they would rather be somewhere else. A dish of olives were brought to the table, it was disgusting to find an olive stone that had clearly been eaten by someone else and left on the top of the olives!!!!!!!!!!! We ordered the three course set menu but left before the desert. Enough was enough. A real disappointment.

1  Thank 04Barry00
Reviewed August 23, 2013

set menu at ivy garden, plenty of choice, lovely flavours, we went there twice, quaint dining experience .