“overpriced but edible”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Place a bit cramped, waitress kept bashing my elbow when passing, once or twice ok after that it gets boring. Food ok, reasonable value, my wife ordered pork but got sirloin.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Looks like a lovely restaurant but there are much better to visit on the pine walk and in the square. Limited menu, calamari was horrible, the other starter came totally wrong but we kept it and it was very nice (chicken). I had the garlic chicken and it was good. The place looks dirty though and the football was also on in the background... Service was bad and the waitress was a little strange, to the point where it was funny. The pudding came wrong and when I said this wasn't on the menu (only one choice) she said "yeah the other one has finished" so I asked what it was and she said "erm I dont know" and walked off and didn't bother to find out. As it turned out it was a very nice cheesecake!?! Wouldn't go again unfortunately.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

At the ivy garden I was first of all drawn in by the Tapas for 1.50euros, I thought it was an absolute steal especially as it tasted divine, and it included a glass or Majorcan wine- although you cannot choose your tapas they are all beautiful, I had 3 rounds! Firstly I had aubergine dip on fresh baguette with a few olives, then I had some dauphinoise potatoes with a small kebab of chicken, then I had some lovely calamari (mine was tantalisingly gorgeous and i don't know what these people are talking about when they say theirs were rubbery.)
I returned the next day for a full course meal. My friends and I were welcomed by a lovely young waitress who was extremely happy to help given my friend had broken her leg so was on crutches. I had a tomato soup starter, duck main and a dessert of ice cream. Lots of people I have seen have said their meal was bad, but mine was absolutely terrific. The soup was freshly made and like no other I have tried before, it tasted wonderfully of fresh tomatoes and basil. The chef is truly talented and I believe he trained at the Cordon Bleu (you can tell.) The duck for the main was very succulent and was surrounded in a subtle soy and ginger sauce which tasted exquisite. However I must say the portion was a bit on the big side, but I was hungry so it was good! By the time it came to dessert I was completely stuffed and was overjoyed to have a gorgeous home made scoop of raspberry sorbet with a tuille biscuit. The entire meal was 20euros, and I would have personally paid much much more for it given it was so good.

The next day I went back and just had a dessert, I had brandy snaps filled with cream- he made them himself and they were the best I'd ever had!

I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant in 2012 and it was good. This year we, returned to find it shabby, with poor food on a set menu price was 19 euro and, quite honestly I wanted to leave after the starters arrived (chicken livers on salad) with what looked like a human hair. The whole place needs a deep clean. Don't go there.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

From the outside the establishment seems fairly enticing, enough to lure us in for a closer look. We sat down and asked for the menu only to have the chalk board from outside dragged into the restaurant and placed next to the table. We, a party of four, chose the ~20 euro set menu. The food was just plain awful, bland, uninspired, undercooked / overcooked - you get the picture. Personally, I had the duck... which was literally flooded in this vile overpowering red wine sauce. The "chef" keep pacing inexplicably back and forth from the kitchen to the entrance every few minutes. The raucous laughter from the table next to ours accompanied the dance music blaring out of the laptop next to the counter. The dessert was a single scoop of vanilla ice-cream in a tiny square bowl (it was on the menu as raspberry sorbet). Needless to say we wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible... spurred on by Bill Sikes dog that was allowed to roam around place licking the customers. The waitress told us the card machine was not working due to a power-cut, make of that what you will. So we begrudgingly paid and got out of there. For the love of god, please avoid this place like the plague.

1  Thank Andy_ABC1