Review Highlights
Amazing freediver course!

Amazing weekend of freediver course in Pollença, with Freedive Mallorca. Ismael and Patricia are... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
julianlopezb
Villa Carlos Paz, Argentina
Very accomplished freedive coach

We spent a week freediving with Ismael. We're already qualified freedivers, but as we only go once... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Tommimak
Bury, United Kingdom

All reviews breathing techniques these guys ismael theory session instructor mallorca dives
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2019

I was a bit nervous at first on how freediving was going to be, if I could hold my breathe, would I have a claustrophobic attack, was I going to drown?! Ismael is amazing at describing how the process works in detail and his voice alone is soothing to relieve any kind of nerves. He is super patient and asks how every dive goes so you can perfect any issues the next time.

I was able to get to the 20 meter goal on my second day - one breath! Living on Mallorca, this is such a great skill to have. Heading to Tonga tomorrow to swim with the whales. Couldn't recommend this more.

Date of experience: August 2019
FreediveMallorca, Owner at Freedive Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you! Enjoy your trip to Tonga and see you when you get back! :)

Reviewed August 20, 2019

I was visiting Mallorca with my parents and while they were off touring the island, I wanted to seize the opportunity to try out freediving and see the underwater side of Mallorca.

I signed up to the Freediving Course with Freedive Mallorca and was highly engaged by the enthusiastic yet also, calm and reassuring teachings of Ismael. This was a two day course, and on the first day, we went through theory, from the different styles of free diving to breathing exercises. We eventually made it into the clear blue water and with Ismael's continued reassurance and solid feedback on technique, I was able to hit our first target of 12 m quite quickly. On the second day, there was more theory, with further breathing exercises as well as giving a in depth insight into the safety aspects of freediving. After a pleasant trip across the island we dived again. I again was able to feel confident in what I was taught by Ismael and quickly hit our next target of 20 m in a very relaxed manner.

Overall, a very well taught course by Ismael (with great help also from Patricia!), who not only was knowledgeable and had a good eye for improving technique, but also had a very calm and reassuring approach in the water which was a significant factor in giving me the confidence for my first freediving experience.

Highly recommended!!!

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are so happy we were able to be part of your journey into the beautiful sport of Freediving :)

Reviewed August 18, 2019

I was able to have a tailored one day course/session because I had completed Aida 2 pool. The course was held in Port d'Andratx which was great location for me because I was having my vacation in Palma. I was picked up from my hotel by the course instructor Ismael. First we had a theory session outside the diving spot and then went to water. During the theory we went through yoga-like relaxation/breathing techniques, which I believe helped me to reach 20 meters easily. Ismael as an instructor was able to create very calm and trusting atmosphere for the course participants and probably all of us exceeded ourselves during the dives.

Hopefully I get to participate on their courses again!

Date of experience: August 2019

Thank you! It was such a pleasure to be part of your journey into furthering your freediving education! Hope to have you join us again in the future :)

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

I wanted try try freediving as I've always enjoyed scuba diving and snorkeling in Mallorca. We come to Pollenca every year and as these guys are based at the long-established Scuba Mallorca it seemed a natural choice. The first part of the morning was in the classroom learning the principles of freediving and breathing techniques, then the rest of the morning and early afternoon was in the sea. It was amazing, with Ismael's guidance and encouragement I was able to go from very limited technique to being able to make it down to 12m down the static line. It's a real rush to achieve this. Ismael is a really caring and patient instructor and has a clear passion for freediving. I really enjoyed the day and strongly recommend this.

Date of experience: August 2019
FreediveMallorca, Owner at Freedive Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It was such a pleasure to introduce you to the world of freediving and we are looking forward to having you join us again :)

Reviewed August 4, 2019

By chance I got to know freedive Mallorca as I just was curious to try it out.

I am an experienced PADI open water diver an wanted to try something new. The instructor Ismael is a cool and experienced guy, who understands the needs of a freedive beginner. He has a lot of patience and explains and shows everything any time you ask him as long as you need it. I always felt safe and relaxed with him. And in times of need Ismael encouraged me, to give my best.

I highly recommend Ismael as instructor and I hope to dive with him once more in the next future. He has a great personality and is a talented teacher!

Date of experience: August 2019
FreediveMallorca, Owner at Freedive Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2019

Thank you :) We are happy you had such a great experience and look forward to having you back in the water for some more Freediving.